Worst line up in the last 10 years?

Xeph1995

It's a mixed bag for me, looking forward to the likes of The Cure, Jon Hopkins, Hot Chip, Interpol, Vampire Weekend amongst others; but there's no one who makes me go wow at this stage.

In a strange way, I'm actually kind of hoping there's less acts that take my interest this year. 2016 is my one and only Glasto so far and, for me personally, it was a fantastic line up but that meant I was at one of the main 5 stages pretty much flat out. Would like to explore more this time round and less acts to see will make that easier!

• Upvote 1

After taking another look this afternoon, there are a few I want to see.

The Cure, Tame, Chemical bros, Interpol, and Kate Tempest.

I love my music, but at the same time though, it's always about so much more than the line up. Just happy to be going again.

I have never been to a Glastonbury yet, where I have followed the plan. Take a ramble, get lost, escape society, and soak up as much as you can :)

Not long now!

Edited by joeltg

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Yeah I'm the same. In previous years there's always been at least one act who'd I'd not seen live before (Flo, The xx, LCD) and the 'wow' was 'first time I'll see them live is at Glastonbury!'. Or an act I had seen before but love (Radiohead, The National, Chemical Brothers) with the 'wow' being 'I'm going to get to see them at Glastonbury!'. This year I don't have anyone falling into either category and that's definitely had an impact. 

But... The Chemical Brothers are playing...

After what seemed like months of people on here who just happened to be at university when The Strokes started, telling us repeatedly that Is This It is one of the finest albums of the generation and that they would be headlining, I would proffer that this is not the worst line up in a decade.

Just now, fatyeti24 said:

After what seemed like months of people on here who just happened to be at university when The Strokes started, telling us repeatedly that Is This It is one of the finest albums of the generation and that they would be headlining, I would proffer that this is not the worst line up in a decade.

And that they invented indie. That was a highlight.

6 hours ago, Xeph1995 said:

What do you guys think? I can't remember in recent years glasto having such a lack luster line up, feel a lot of the smaller bands especially are just so Meh. Don't really know where they went wrong this year.

After reading the first announcement there is one person I really want to see :S 

subjective
adjective
adjective: subjective
  1. 1.
    based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.
    "his views are highly subjective"
    synonyms:

personal, personalized, individual, internal, emotional, instinctive, intuitive, impressionistic;

I’ve got home from work, had some food, and now had a proper look at the lineup. Yeah, i was a little bit harsh earli bit underwhelmed, but there’s plenty on there I like and enjoy, but i guess one of the (many) shit things about getting old is that most of the acts on there I want to see, i’ve seen before. Anyway, overall, 6/10. But it’s all alright. The sun will be shining, the lager will be cold, all is well with the world.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

My initial reaction was one of disappointment. Not because it's necessarily a bad lineup but that it doesn't do huge amount for me on a personal level. There's nothing on there that jumps out me and screams "wow!" and while there's a lot of decent stuff on there I've seen all of it before.

It'll still be ace because it's Glastonbury, but I'm hoping future announcements throw something exciting into the mix.

Oh and no YYY's is an absolute pisser.

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Yeah I'm the same. In previous years there's always been at least one act who'd I'd not seen live before (Flo, The xx, LCD) and the 'wow' was 'first time I'll see them live is at Glastonbury!'. Or an act I had seen before but love (Radiohead, The National, Chemical Brothers) with the 'wow' being 'I'm going to get to see them at Glastonbury!'. This year I don't have anyone falling into either category and that's definitely had an impact. 

Echo these sentiments. I was prepared for an underwhelming lineup, given the rumours/other festivals, but was hoping I'd at least get 2/3 of my favourite acts to really look forward to. Glastonbury has never failed to deliver for me on that before, which is probably why I found this poster so disappointing.

That said, there's a fair few acts I at least have an interest in. Add to that the TBAs and post-research acts, it should end up being 'reet.

Glastonbury to me has about 90% of its magical memories not relating to any music on the main stages. (West Holts though always delivers) The same will happen this year. So the poster coming out and seeing music I may well be there for is like a little bonus that the Eavii lay on for me. Which is nice

40 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I’ve got home from work, had some food, and now had a proper look at the lineup. Yeah, i was a little bit harsh earli bit underwhelmed, but there’s plenty on there I like and enjoy, but i guess one of the (many) shit things about getting old is that most of the acts on there I want to see, i’ve seen before. Anyway, overall, 6/10. But it’s all alright. The sun will be shining, the lager will be cold, all is well with the world.

I was surprised at your first reaction just cos I'm so pleased with the poster. I have had years where I am only really have 2 must sees so to have so much that I like is fab. I think mainly because it is less 6 Music than normal. Granted I would like some more folk and Americana but we have all the Acoustic and Avalon to go plus I spend all my extra time at the Left Field. Chin up and I'll buy you both a drink.

1 minute ago, giantkatestacks said:

I was surprised at your first reaction just cos I'm so pleased with the poster. I have had years where I am only really have 2 must sees so to have so much that I like is fab. I think mainly because it is less 6 Music than normal. Granted I would like some more folk and Americana but we have all the Acoustic and Avalon to go plus I spend all my extra time at the Left Field. Chin up and I'll buy you both a drink.

You’re right, of course. I think it’s because lots of the acts i want to see feel more EOTR sized than Glastonbury sized. But it’s all good, and i’m now fully on board and excited. You buy the drinks, and then I’ll buy some drinks and everything will be just grand.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's definitely the worst trio of Pymild headliners since 2008, and even that had an air of intrigue regarding Jay-Z.

Undercard this year is actually more or less up to scratch. 

Florence/Kanye/Orrible Ooh is worse.