Worst line up in the last 10 years?

Xeph1995

In light of this summer’s status quo, this is a fantastic announcement. Very reflective of where contemporary music’s at right now, without doing so in a tokenistic way. 

So excited for Janelle, Rosalía, and SVE! 

And with Foals playing in Kingston on the Thursday, I’d say they’re more or less nailed on, too.

Solid job all round.

2 hours ago, sisco said:

65 acts announced, 45 acts a day on the main 5 stages!! Loads and loads more to come

I know, exciting! Acoustic, Americana etc additions all on the way.... 

From a purely selfish pov, I'm now looking at the poster / lineup wondering if it helps with our chances in the resale! 

I think the initial lineup is mega by the way! My kids love Stormzy (older daughter) and my youngest loves George Ezra and knows a good few on the guitar, so if lucky I'll be at those shows for the kids! (sounds daft I suppose but sure... ) 

7 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Sadly not the lineup for me.  I'll be cancelling my deposit.

Normally just the festival is all I care about, but with money being tight this year the lineup has swung the decision for me.

Ah that's a shame mate, was looking forward to a possible beer!  But hey, your cash your prerogative.

At least you're not accusing EE of ruining the festival on Twiter! :D

The only criticism I can see is that it definitely looks more to the future than the past. It is rather light on heritage acts

but really what heritage acts could do it that wouldn’t just be a repeat booking? Glastonbury is looking to the future to survive.

anyone who has no interest in new music would struggle with this lineup I find.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Ah that's a shame mate, was looking forward to a possible beer!  But hey, your cash your prerogative.

At least you're not accusing EE of ruining the festival on Twiter! :D

Far from it.  I'm sure it's a great lineup for many, just not enough to swing it for me this time round with other priorities screaming at me to be dealt with.  Back next year I'm sure.

1 minute ago, Spindles said:

Far from it.  I'm sure it's a great lineup for many, just not enough to swing it for me this time round with other priorities screaming at me to be dealt with.  Back next year I'm sure.

Fingers crossed :)

14 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Sadly not the lineup for me.  I'll be cancelling my deposit.

Normally just the festival is all I care about, but with money being tight this year the lineup has swung the decision for me.

I'm sorry to hear that mate. If only they allowed ticket transfers (sighs).

Maybe I’m just a music tart, but I don’t think there’s ever been a Glastonbury line up that didn’t excite me, and this one is no different. Been streaming artists on the poster I hadn’t heard before, and there are over 20 names on there... that number includes the acts I already knew.... that I’d go and see, clashes permitting. And we haven’t got anywhere close to half the line up yet. And this is just the music side of it! I just don’t understand the existence of this thread in any Glastonbury year.

And I get to make a spoon.

It's all personal tastes (though I'm sure some people had their 'Rubbish Lineup!' comments ready to go at 7:59

Miley will be a curious watch, am sure I'll check her out clashes permitting. She's got a few pop bangers.

Chems is a solid banker for a good night

Billie Eilish is going to be a break out star this summer, some great songs.

Chris and the Queens, Sigrid... both big albums out and great tracks.

Hot Chip, Hopkins, Streets...that's headliner material for some fests. Hope there's no clash.

Stefflon Don, Lizzo, Lauren Hill, Wu Tang...upcoming stars and established greats.

Santigold...missed last time due to clashes...

Then you've a bank of good/great acts that I'd see if nothing else caught me fancy - Liam (who's voice is getting better), Killers (hits), Vampire Weekend, Idles (only UK festival appearance), Kate Tempest, 2DCC...

Few guilty pleasures and curiosities - Snow Patrol, Kylie, Miley, Janet

The first poster pisses over every festival announced so far.

Way more to come to. The whole SE corner, more JP level acts, Acoustic stage (as don't see an obvious headliner there yet), Park will have more, etc. Far too early to judge yet.

Anyone giving up their ticket now is mad imo, but hey, fill your boots as I've got a list of people trying in the resale that need as many in that pot as possible!

I was hoping for a few more acts that were absolutely nailed on for me to see and enjoy, no point in denying and pretending there is. However, now that the dust has settled, I'm excited to search out a bunch of these on spotify and find some new music - It's about time and what better motivation than being able to see them on the farm!

I think the fallow year hasnt helped this. Top two lines has The Killers, Stormzy and Liam Gallagher who all played last time but in higher posutions despite none of them doing anything else since. I think that gives the impression of it being a year of lazy booking. 

Janet Jackson isnt a very inspiring top of the card act, shes been irrelevant for decades and its probably come at a time when he family is making news for all the wrong reasons. 

The rest looks very middle of the road but the lowered expectations from it might make it all the better come festival time once people have had a chance to get over the drop in quality from previous years. 

for me there is a massive Foals shaped gap in the line up but still holding out hope for it to happen.

but as first posters go I like it. a good 10 acts I want to see. for me its about exploring the festival.

don't understand people that go and sit at pyramid stage all day waiting for an act.

experience  something new

1 minute ago, chatty said:

I think the fallow year hasnt helped this. Top two lines has The Killers, Stormzy and Liam Gallagher who all played last time but in higher posutions despite none of them doing anything else since. I think that gives the impression of it being a year of lazy booking. 

Janet Jackson isnt a very inspiring top of the card act, shes been irrelevant for decades and its probably come at a time when he family is making news for all the wrong reasons. 

The rest looks very middle of the road but the lowered expectations from it might make it all the better come festival time once people have had a chance to get over the drop in quality from previous years. 

I think the fallow year is commonly misinterpreted. It doesn’t really mean that glastonbury has two years to work on a lineup. It means they just get a year off.

2 Years will not make a difference to who is around to be booked and who actually wants to do it.

3 minutes ago, chatty said:

You can't stop booking Janet for gigs for what her brother may, or may not, have done that is totally unconnected to her.....

1 minute ago, briddj said:

You can't stop booking Janet for gigs for what her brother may, or may not, have done that is totally unconnected to her.....

Of course not not saying she shouldnt be booked. Just saying that its pretty uninspiring, she hasnt doen anything for decades and the fact that her family is making mainstream news and creating controversy for being huge scum doesnt really help any sort of nostalgia effect.