Worst line up in the last 10 years?

Xeph1995

Only really been following Glastonbury lineups since 2015 but it’s the best one out of the four years so far for me. (And I will not be going anywhere near the Pyramid headliners)

Already a good ten names I’d be interested in seeing and with so much more of the lineup still to come, it’s looking like there’s going to be a lot of brutal clashes.

Not really sure what big name snubs there are that people were expecting apart from maybe Childish Gambino?

Edited by Jordan1471

Since I've been going, the top of the lineup this year is the worst, but the undercard might be the best. And, saying that, my headliners this year could end up being Tame Impala, Hot Chip and Chemical Brothers/Janelle, which is pretty fantastic.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's maybe unfair to blame the general sense of let-down and despondency on just one act, but then I'm not a fair man and it's absolutely the fault of The Killers. 

They're a black hole on the poster, dragging everyone else in alongside them.

There’s a big void in the lineup where it goes on about Bastille, Hozier, Years and Years, Anne Marie, Snow Patrol, TDCC, Sheryl Crow, and all that shite. I started making up a stage prediction right away but exited when I got to that because it was too grim. That’s what’s harshing my vibes.

My wouldn't mind list is: The Killers, The Cure, George Ezra, Tame Impala, Vampire Weekend, Two Door Cinema Club (ugh), Sigrid, Wu-Tang Clan, Hop Chip, Aurora, Kurt Vile, Inerpol, Sharon Van Etten, Aurora. But I'm lacking that one band that would get me really hyped up, like Foals or The Strokes.

Seems like indie landfill has been switched out with R&B landfill, which is I guess is par for the course considering what music's popular these days.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There’s a big void in the lineup where it goes on about Bastille, Hozier, Years and Years, Anne Marie, Snow Patrol, TDCC, Sheryl Crow, and all that shite. I started making up a stage prediction right away but exited when I got to that because it was too grim. That’s what’s harshing my vibes.

couldn't agree more with all mentioned.

The Killers are the UK Nickleback haha.

Edited by Xeph1995

I’m excited for so many!!!

So many I haven’t seen!!! The Killers, Janet Jackson, Mickey Cyrus, Lauryn Hill, Chemical Brothers, Billie Eilish, Sigrid, Snow Patrol, Christine & The Queens, Stefflon Don, The Streets and Diplo!

and those I can’t wait to see again; Anne-Marie and Years & Years!

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

Since I've been going, the top of the lineup this year is the worst, but the undercard might be the best. And, saying that, my headliners this year could end up being Tame Impala, Hot Chip and Chemical Brothers/Janelle, which is pretty fantastic.

The fact that my headliners in 2015 were Hot Chip, The Chems and Leftfield says something about this line-up.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There's always a thick sedimentary layer of Courteeners / Catfish / Blossoms style rubbish in there though.  Just this year it's not overshadowed by some walloping big headliners. 

• Like 1

Just now, Homer said:

The fact that my headliners in 2015 were Hot Chip, The Chems and Leftfield says something about this line-up.

Says more about which acts are active and touring tbh. They can only book what's available. I don't look around at all the other festivals and feel they've really missed on someone. The only one that comes to my mind is LDR, but other than that they've booked the best of what was available to them IMO.

Just now, Xeph1995 said:

Exactly how it sounds?

The Killers are from Las Vegas.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

There's always a thick sedimentary layer of Courteeners / Catfish / Blossoms style rubbish in there though.  Just this year it's not overshadowed by some walloping big headliners. 

I think it’s usually diluted. The last couple of years I wouldn’t have been happy about the big headliners up top if I was only gonna watch one.

13 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

I hope people aren't fuck heads and give Janet Jackson grief when she plays.. There's always some idiots..

Love your optimism dude, but it's obviously going to happen.  Same as the dickhead when Kanye played who had a flag made up with a massive print of a clip of KK's sex tape.  Not a massive fan of either of them, but no need.

So yeah, I'd brace yourself for some top-drawer douchebaggery.

• Upvote 1

Just now, VCK said:

It's alright. Wu Tang are a great addition, and I'd see The Cure, IDLES, Johnny Marr and Interpol if I was going. Other than that it's a bit meh but that's just me.

See for some reason I just think Hip Hop is really bad to see live, I dunno what it is just doesn't get me going like other genres. But ill listen to it on album all day. 

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

The Killers are from Las Vegas.

I think it’s usually diluted. The last couple of years I wouldn’t have been happy about the big headliners up top if I was only gonna watch one.

I thought they were bigger over hear than they were in america?