Worst line up in the last 10 years?

Xeph1995

For  first poster drop, it's not too bad.  It hasn't set the world on fire but compared to the announcements by the rest of the festivals, it stands up quite well.  

It's lacking a mega headliner but we have been awfully spoiled over the last decade.  There is still an awful lot more to come so there's still a lot of potential for some big surprises  in the coming months

At least we haven't got Mumford, Muse or Coldplay again!

For my personal tastes, it’s underwhelming, but the first poster normally is for me. Still about half a dozen on the there I’m exited about though, which is a good start. 

To brand it the worst line up in 10 years is childish in the extreme and indicates a lack of understanding of how the line up announcements usually work. 

For me it's a tad underwhelming, but given the names bandied around it's pretty much what I expected. Definitely not the worst I've ever seen, though, I think 2016 looked worse (it had Muse FFS) but I didn't go that year.

There are loads of people I would see there and I know there is far more to come, so I'm pretty happy overall. I'm just pleased that we are at poster-stage already and things are moving in the right direction :) 

Partly for me it's an age thing and I'm not as down with the kids as I used to be. That's fine, though: the one thing I say after every Glastonbury is that I wish I had spent more time just bimbling and doing non-music stuff, discovering new things, and I reckon I'll have a blinder for that. Might even make it to SE corner while headliners are on!

Would echo what others have said in that it's nice to have less boring guitar bands and a bit more of a pop/R&B/hip-hop vibe. Bring it on.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

22 minutes ago, One Tonne Baby said:

Purely based on this poster, it's not great, is it? The fact someone like Kylie, who has barely done a thing in the last decade, is top row says it all.

But its glasto, who cares, the line-up comes second to the rest of it.

Barely done a thing in the last decade?  She had a #1 album just last year!  

As it stands not great but that's a fraction of the bands that will be playing... Maybe it's my age but I don't know half the bands so in a way that's good cos I'll have a chance to listen to new stuff..... Still need a ticket so if you don't want yours lolol.. 

Terrible about New Zealand.. Stay safe happy Fri and weekend.. G

I really like the lineup. Headliners not the best for me but that really doesn't bother me. George Ezra and Miley Cyrus will be amazing! 

2 people I was expecting on the lineup weren't. But to me, still looks hopeful for Gerry Cinnamon and Jess Glynne going by tour dates. Fingers crossed :)

gc.PNG

jg.PNG

Three times as many bands on the first poster for me compared to two years ago, when there were just four. And I loved two years ago. Actually more of a worry I'm going to get clashes though. Hot Chip vs. Killers. The Cure vs. Chems.

Edited by briddj

1 minute ago, Havors said:

haha half is being modest... have you ever seen the amount of acts there are actually on at Glasto? 100+ stages to fill :D

I know mate.  For instance 65 announced today.  Friday 2017 had 45 acts on the main 5 stages!! 

Just now, sisco said:

I know mate.  For instance 65 announced today.  Friday 2017 had 45 acts on the main 5 stages!! 

Correct! I think there is actually still a good few high profile acts to be announced.....   (everything crossed for Foals)