Worst line up in the last 10 years?

Xeph1995

What do you guys think? I can't remember in recent years glasto having such a lack luster line up, feel a lot of the smaller bands especially are just so Meh. Don't really know where they went wrong this year.

After reading the first announcement there is one person I really want to see :S 

Edited by Xeph1995
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 17

I disagree, I made a list at Christmas of realistic artists I’d like to play this year, from the first poster I have six of them. I think people set their expectations too high and imagine the line up will be Megastars from Headliners down to the smallest band just because it’s Glastonbury.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, One Tonne Baby said:

Purely based on this poster, it's not great, is it? The fact someone like Kylie, who has barely done a thing in the last decade, is top row says it all.

it might have passed you by, but she's sold absolutely shit-loads of tickets for outdoor shows this summer, with the shows selling out just about instantly.

Much like the Killers, she might not have done much but she's still very popular.

I know what you mean as there's very little on there that males me go "FFFFUUUUUUCCCCCCCK YEEAAAAHHH!!!!" but at the same time I look at the number of acts I've enjoyed listening to on streaming over the last 12 months, and I know there's plenty there for me to wander round and enjoy.

And yeah, more to come :)

5 minutes ago, One Tonne Baby said:

The fact someone like Kylie, who has barely done a thing in the last decade, is top row says it all.

Eh? The "legends slot" is always going to be top row, and is almost always going to be someone who's done nothing in the past decade (or longer in some cases).

Edited by incident

I was very disappointed at first, headliners are very generic. However, there's lots of acts lower down that i'm listening too and enjoying. Saw Santigold years ago supporting Kanye, never seen Wu-Tang, Billie Eilish could pull off a set similar to Lorde, The Streets will be great.

I'm now in my 7th year, so not planning on hanging around main stages too much. I'd like to find more of the strange parts of Glasto this year.

29 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

What do you guys think? I can't remember in recent years glasto having such a lack luster line up, feel a lot of the smaller bands especially are just so Meh. Don't really know where they went wrong this year.

After reading the first announcement there is one person I really want to see :S 

Pyramid headliners dont do anything for me but i rarely watch the headliners anyway think the stones and arctic monkeys was the last time that happened. When I first saw the poster it was kind of what I expected. You gotta remember this is the tip of a fucking massive iceberg.

If you are into your mainstream pop type acts and modernish RnB then I imagine it's pretty good. For me it's poor tbh. Not one act I really wanted to see there. Quite a few acts who I like and will go to see but I've seen most of them before, most of them at Glasto as well.

So, yes, for me personally it's easily the worst first poster I've seen since I started going in 2008.