Who Is Missing?

Rose-Colored Boy

24 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Surely Courteeners wouldn't sub on Saturday, clashing with Liam Gallagher?

I’ve got a hunch that The Prodigy were supposed to be lined up for the Sunday and not the Saturday like has been mentioned as Courteeners make far more sense as an Other Stage alternative to Janet Jackson than they do Liam G, which would put Chemical Bros on the Saturday.

Or there’s always a chance the Courteeners info was wrong in which case my theory goes out the window.

3 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Have Young Fathers been discounted for any reason? Can't say I've seen them mentioned. Need to see them in a late slot. They did other in the afternoon. They need darkness for that energy. 

The only date they have announced is Boston Calling on 24th May, so no reason why they can't do it.

Please, please and pretty please.

6 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

The only date they have announced is Boston Calling on 24th May, so no reason why they can't do it.

Please, please and pretty please.

Same, got everything crossed they are there and in a decent slot. They must be one of the most exciting bands around at the moment and absolutely incredible live. 

So I know a lot of people have mentioned that there is a lot more names to be announced but how many more 'big names' should we expect? I assumed the first poster would include most of the mainstream/bigger acts playing and that further announcements will be smaller acts which most people won't know. 

3 minutes ago, LA33 said:

So I know a lot of people have mentioned that there is a lot more names to be announced but how many more 'big names' should we expect? I assumed the first poster would include most of the mainstream/bigger acts playing and that further announcements will be smaller acts which most people won't know. 

That’s a good indication.  There was also 20 less names on the poster this time so you’ll have a fair few more than that on the main stages

9570969D-B8AD-4E2F-B2EE-32A73D9E2823.png

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Impropaganda said:

What are the chances of Crystal Fighters being there definitely a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine 

Pretty good, they went on a spate of following Glasto related social media accounts, liking and even retweeting stories about them potentially playing recently. Sort of band you'd think would make the poster, but they do still have shows in April/May to sell so they may have been happy to have been left off.

14 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Pretty good, they went on a spate of following Glasto related social media accounts, liking and even retweeting stories about them potentially playing recently. Sort of band you'd think would make the poster, but they do still have shows in April/May to sell so they may have been happy to have been left off.

Thanks for that I agree that they're the sort of band who would have been on the poster which is why I was starting to have doubts if they'd be there 

On 3/16/2019 at 3:39 PM, Watergirl said:

A few mentions for Frank Turner in this thread. In am still very hopeful he’ll be there. Avalon/Leftfield/Acoustic acts often do not get onto the poster.

I had been hoping for Richard Ashcroft....

Don’t know if the Duran Duran rumour is based on anything, but they would make for a great Other Stage opener.

Mrs SW met FT last night and he confirmed he was playing "a couple of times" at Glastonbury,

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, jparx said:

@eFestivals Niel have you heard anything about Childish Gambino dropping out of Glastonbury? Someone on the Pukkelpop thread reckons he dropped out of Glastonbury and a number of other European festivals. 

me, I'll be mildly surprised if he was ever in to have dropped out. 

It's much more likely that there were talks that never went as far as a tentative agreement.

14 hours ago, Chinaski_ said:

Based on tour dates: Weezer, The B52s, Glassjaw, Teenage Fanclub, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Meat Puppets, Iggy, Blood Red Shoes, Guided by Voices and Raconteurs would be sound. 

Id take that. Iggy, Meat Puppets and BRMC would do me tbh but the rest would be extra bonus'. 

Dont need a lot, just 4-5 good rock acts and thatll do the festival for me. 

57 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

me, I'll be mildly surprised if he was ever in to have dropped out. 

It's much more likely that there were talks that never went as far as a tentative agreement.

hmm fair enough. People reckon he cancelled late in the day on Mad Cool and NOS, and probably others, which is why they've delayed their announcements. Sounds to me like people trying desperately to find reasons why they're taking so long to announce their full lineups tbh. Cheers Neil!

Young Fathers are missing, I was really hoping they would be there as I missed their tour. Keeping fingers crossed they are booked. 

Edit: just noticed they have been mentioned, hope for some info soon 

Edited by Doug85

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

hmm fair enough. People reckon he cancelled late in the day on Mad Cool and NOS, and probably others, which is why they've delayed their announcements. Sounds to me like people trying desperately to find reasons why they're taking so long to announce their full lineups tbh. Cheers Neil!

it's not impossible that Gambino is part of the cause, if they were holding out for him but it didn't come thru. 

I doubt it was a signed & sealed thing.

Just now, eFestivals said:

it's not impossible that Gambino is part of the cause, if they were holding out for him but it didn't come thru. 

I doubt it was a signed & sealed thing.

I did wonder if they'd go back to him as a replacement for the Prodigy, but that doesn't look likely if he's not doing any festivals in Europe,