Who Is Missing?

Rose-Colored Boy

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Listening to the new Karen O/Danger Mouse record right now lamenting that very fact. Sore one.

All is not lost. Only first poster and more surprises to come assuming they've not been ruled out for any particular reason. 

Also missing is Gaga. 

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Gerry very possible. Foals could be the final Other Stage headliner and even if not, look likely for the secret set and Elbow could make an appearance. This really isnt many acts at all.

Give me some examples in recent years, if ye can, of decent acts announced after the poster.  I'm happy with what we've got but always want more.

I doubt she’s anywhere on most people's lists but I would love to see Mabel. We caught her doing a short set at Bestival last year and she was great and has some more material now.

I’d be surprised if she wasn’t on somewhere early in the day on the Other Stage.

Also - I love the idea of her and her mum guesting on each other’s sets!

Chvrches very disappointing. They are in Europe before, US after. They’ve seemingly made the call to headline a smaller US date than play the farm. Who knows if they were even offered anything? 10 months into a tour, maybe they have June 2020 pencilled in to finish up this cycle. 

Camelphat surely are going to appear on a subsequent poster. 

From an Australian perspective, no Rufus Du Sol, DMA’s, Confidence Man or Stella Donnolly. 

4 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

I thought the fact the Foals are touring and have a new album they were certs. But they seem too big not to be on first poster, but not big enough to get an announcement of their own, so I'm starting to doubt they are playing :(

secret set most likely, they're off the whole of Glastonbury weekend, with UK gigs a few days before, and playing Dublin on the Tuesday after...

• Like 2

Had a look at the most recent prediction (from @01seb) in the Stage Predictions thread, quite a few noticeable absences from who we thought was in consideration;

Childish Gambino, Iggy Pop, Kaiser Chiefs, Richard Ashcroft, Of Monsters & Men, Miles Kane, Superorganism, Parquet Courts, Franz Ferdinand, Silk City,  Suede, Drenge, Public Service Broadcasting, Mitski, Lewis Capaldi, Snail Mail, Sports Team, Jess Glynne, The Vaccines, Courteeners, James Blake, Editors, Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls, The Hives, Four Tet, Tash Sultana, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Jade Bird, Doves, The Joy Formidable, Confidence Man, Amber Arcades

I'm calling Wolf Alice for a TBA/Surprise set somewhere.  Based on absolutely nothing but a feeling after the Mercury award and them announcing a few summer dates when they were rumored to be taking time out for a while.  Would love to see them there. 

I reckon with Diplo, Miley and Tame Impala on the poster we can expect Mark Ronson to pop up on a smallish scale this year.  He's been doing loads of producing / collaborating with those lot. His dj set with kevin parker 3am on the hell stage was amazing and totally not the sort of music youd normally hear down that end of the festival.