Resales- now easier or harder?

Chrisp1986

4 hours ago, clarkete said:

Seen quite a few posts, not one said they were returning a ticket based on today. 

One of my crew is out today due to the lineup....He's been a bit blown away by the Boomtown lineup (which myself and a few others also have tickets for) so he's decided to switch. Not sure that's a reflection on this particular years lineup though, as he complains how there's "nothing on that I want to see" every time we go :lol:

I think that the majority of the people who do not pay their balance will be impacted by changes in personal circumstances, weddings or other events, relationship break ups, financial hardship etc rather than not liking the headliners. Therefore I do not think it will have much of impact on the resale.

16 minutes ago, Skelts said:

You’ve got to be a bit of a twat to give up your ticket based on the first poster, or any subsequent posters. I couldn’t give a damn who’s playing, I’m just stoked to have a ticket 

Inguess if youve never been and thinknits just about the music then you see festivals with line ups you like better I can understand it. 

Once youve been, you know it doesnt really matter as much but there will be plenty of newbies who bought tickets just cause its Galstonbury then buggar of to Leeds or Latitude or wherever I reckon. 

3 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Honestly? I'm not sure. 

Without going into too much detail this year was already looking like it might be too much of a stretch cash wise cause of other priorities. When it looked like Macca was headlining I'd have found a way to make it happen, but since that possibility disappeared combined with the poster not particularly doing it for me there's definitely part of me that thinks I should just decide now to give it a miss and make my peace with it.

But then there's the other side of me that knows I'll have an amazing time no matter who's on the bill.

tl;dr I'll decide when resale week rolls around

Come to Mad Cool. I'm happy with the G lineup, but there's no doubt Mad Cool has one of the best lineups in Europe again.

3 minutes ago, GMF said:

I think that the majority of the people who do not pay their balance will be impacted by changes in personal circumstances, weddings or other events, relationship break ups, financial hardship etc rather than not liking the headliners. Therefore I do not think it will have much of impact on the resale.

Completely agree. Was popping on to say something similar. The poster may affect the number of people trying to get ticket, perhaps. But it’s pretty solid (except the headliners) for me. 

7 hours ago, jparx said:

Come to Mad Cool. I'm happy with the G lineup, but there's no doubt Mad Cool has one of the best lineups in Europe again.

Personally I wouldn't choose the Mad Cool line-up over Glastonbury so far, Robyn is a decent addition and I'd watch The Hives and Noel but the former of them could still be added.

Even if there was only a few acts that I liked on the poster I still wouldn’t cancel. For all I know this might be the last time I am successful in getting tickets. This is glastonbury, an unforgettable experience. As it happens I am already thinking about what clashes might happen and even when the sale date is for 2020. I’ve been through the resale process a couple of times, once successful. Best of luck to those in that situation.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Even if there was only a few acts that I liked on the poster I still wouldn’t cancel. For all I know this might be the last time I am successful in getting tickets. This is glastonbury, an unforgettable experience. As it happens I am already thinking about what clashes might happen and even when the sale date is for 2020. I’ve been through the resale process a couple of times, once successful. Best of luck to those in that situation.  

This is the first time I've missed out on a ticket. I used to read the re-sale thread and it looked really succesful. The secret re-sales used to get everyone a ticket. I tried to see if I could get on the booking page, in one secret re-sale, eventhough I had a ticket; it was really easy. 2017 worried me though. Because there were no secret re-sales. So although I was always reassured, by my online meanderings, that a ticketess me could be provided for, I am no longer confident about that fact.

Edited by stt11
punctuation

1 hour ago, stt11 said:

This is the first time I've missed out on a ticket. I used to read the re-sale thread and it looked really succesful. The secret re-sales used to get everyone a ticket. I tried to see if I could get on the booking page, in one secret re-sale, eventhough I had a ticket; it was really easy. 2017 worried me though. Because there were no secret re-sales. So although I was always reassured, by my online meanderings, that a ticketess me could be provided for, I am no longer confident about that fact.

Yep totally agree and I'm in the same situation this year.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stt11 said:

Never got near a secret resale but got tickets on the 2017 resale. Didn’t take long either. Are secrets just tickets returned by artists who don’t use up their allocation rather than punters returning theirs? Best of luck to you, I can sympathise with how you are feeling. 

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Never got near a secret resale but got tickets on the 2017 resale. Didn’t take long either. Are secrets just tickets returned by artists who don’t use up their allocation rather than punters returning theirs? Best of luck to you, I can sympathise with how you are feeling. 

I don't know, actually, for some reason I don't think about such things. I guess I adopt the, tickets are tickets, type approach. That is, I always assumed the secret resale was made up of tickets, from people who knew how to beg for their ticket money back, long after the deadline. I've only recently learnt of other tickets, by reading this blog. 

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

id really hope that the secret(not so anymore ) resales return .... a good chance for the really commited to get those golden tickets ... I think now that this method will disappear unfortunately... Its helped me get tickets for others a couple of times 

Before 2017, when people told me they didn't have tickets, I would tell them about these blogs. I had very little fear of anyone going without. I was convinced that if they needed a ticket and joined a small group; put themselves on a list and really committed themselves; they would get a ticket. That this is so difficult, nowadays, makes me suspect foul play, somewhere in the ticket selling process. Such as hacking and so on.

1 minute ago, stt11 said:

Before 2017, when people told me they didn't have tickets, I would tell them about these blogs. I had very little fear of anyone going without. I was convinced that if they needed a ticket and joined a small group; put themselves on a list and really committed themselves; they would get a ticket. That this is so difficult, nowadays, makes me suspect foul play, somewhere in the ticket selling process. Such as hacking and so on.

Those tickets have gone somewhere ... I suspect back into the pot for the workers tickets or press etc ... just a shame they couldn’t keep some for the really committed ticket buyers