Kate Tempest

kalifire

15 hours ago, kalifire said:

Quite surprised to see Kate back on the line up for 2019, given she's not released anything since her last appearance.

But... her last appearance. Was anyone else there? My moment of the festival. Just stunning. Still gives me shivers watching it.

Everything was perfect about her last set; the stage, the performance, the crowd. She has to go further up this year, but where? Subbing Other? An early Pyramid set?

I was taken to this by my girlfriend only half knowing her last album and it was my highlight of the weekend, especially that opening song about May and her words. Loved it and will be wherever she is playing come June

• 2 months later...

Been listening to the new tracks, especially Firesmoke. I love the way it shifts between 4 and 5 beats to the bar. It's beautiful. I think the new album is going to be a cracker again.

Edit: And I love the lush, close chords in Firesmoke, taking it's cue from the wonderful People's Faces we heard in  2017.

I think I'll have to miss the start of the Chems, I can't imagine a Kate Tempest show being the kind of thing you can just wander away from.

Edited by stuartbert two hats
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Been listening to the new tracks, especially Firesmoke. I love the way it shifts between 4 and 5 beats to the bar. It's beautiful. I think the new album is going to be a cracker again.

Edit: And I love the lush, close chords in Firesmoke, taking it's cue from the wonderful People's Faces we heard in  2017.

I think I'll have to miss the start of the Chems, I can't imagine a Kate Tempest show being the kind of thing you can just wander away from.

This is the issue. I really want to see her, but my entire group are set on Killers. I saw them in JP so could go solo, but have sneaky feeling Killers on Pyramid could be a special family moment for me. I'm just gutted about this clash over all others. Ever.

Edited by Tranquility of Solitude

2 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

This is the issue. I really want to see her, but my entire group are set on Killers. I saw them in JP so could go solo, but have sneaky feeling Killers on Pyramid could be a special family moment for me. I'm just gutted about this clash over all others. Ever.

Urgh, Park to Pyramid is a hell of a hike. I'm reasonably relaxed about whizzing down to t'Other to miss the start of the Chems, but I'd hate to be faced with getting all the way to the Pyramid.

If you go for Killers is it worth seeing any of Kate?

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Urgh, Park to Pyramid is a hell of a hike. I'm reasonably relaxed about whizzing down to t'Other to miss the start of the Chems, but I'd hate to be faced with getting all the way to the Pyramid.

If you go for Killers is it worth seeing any of Kate?

No, suspect not. I'm just going to have to miss her. 

Just now, Losing my hair said:

You'll regret it, you know you will.

Oh I know. Don't make it worse. But in previous festivals, my favourite memories have come from the few acts that both me and my kids like. Killers are top of that list, and I went solo in 2017 so kids were stoked when they were announced. Kids are old enough to go alone, but I've got massive FOMO (down with the kids there). Don't tell me I'll regret missing Kate. Tell me Killers will be special for us!

5 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Oh I know. Don't make it worse. But in previous festivals, my favourite memories have come from the few acts that both me and my kids like. Killers are top of that list, and I went solo in 2017 so kids were stoked when they were announced. Kids are old enough to go alone, but I've got massive FOMO (down with the kids there). Don't tell me I'll regret missing Kate. Tell me Killers will be special for us!

Killers will be special for you ?

• Upvote 1

Saw her at the Bristol academy about 18 months ago and one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Wasnt the biggest fan before hand thought I'd go as I was intrigued to see her and my God she absolutely blew me away.

For me I'm gutted she'll cross over with the chemicals on Saturday hoping to catch half her set then dash off to the other. 

Anyone that hasn't seen her perform live I recommend you catch her. She is super talented and very special.

Kate Tempest on the Park.....it has the potential to be one of those magical Glasto moments.

Top of the list for me too, will watch her full set & then scoot off to the Chems. To anyone wavering over seeing her I would say do it. I doubt there will be a more powerful emotional performance all weekend & she epitomises everything that is special about Glastonbury. 

Its said far to often these days but she really has a touch of genius.

As disappointed as I think I'll be to miss Ibibio Sound Machine - and I'm certain most of our group will be elsewhere (until maybe Hot Chip) - I think I'm gonna be plonked at the Park of Saturday evening for that run of:

Kurt Vile > Kate T > Hot Chip*

Really, really can't complain about that.

Can't wait to see Kate Tempest.

*Completing a Saturday run of:

The Turbans/The Cat Empire > She Drew The Gun > Mattiel > Fontaines DC > Lizzo > Kurt Vile > Kate T > Hot Chip**

We're so spoilt!

**possibly. Could swap out Sharon Van Etten for Kurt. 

14 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It’s definitely shaping up to be the clash of the festival. I want to see the start of Kate’s set then head to Other for the full Chems experience. Logic being that I’ve seen Kate before but never the Chems. But like you, I don’t know how easy it will be to walk away. 

Edited by kalifire

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

It’s definitely shaping up to be the clash of the festival. I want to see the start of Kate’s set then head to Other for the full Chems experience. Logic being that I’ve seen Kate before but never the Chems. But like you, I don’t know how easy it will be to walk away. 

It's one of those where you have to decide during the set.  I can't imagine I'll be able to leave.

Seen her three times and every time it was a powerful and engaging performance, however 2017 at West Holts was something else. Going to have to go back and watch the full performance again.

I will definitely be there again this year then will swiftly head off to catch the Wu-Tang clan 

23 minutes ago, Tdiz said:

Seen her three times and every time it was a powerful and engaging performance, however 2017 at West Holts was something else. Going to have to go back and watch the full performance again.

I will definitely be there again this year then will swiftly head off to catch the Wu-Tang clan 

I stand by that being the best gig ive ever seen. Something about all the Brexit in the air and general uncertainty. 

4 hours ago, Woffy said:

*Completing a Saturday run of:

The Turbans/The Cat Empire > She Drew The Gun > Mattiel > Fontaines DC > Lizzo > Kurt Vile > Kate T > Hot Chip**

We're so spoilt!

**possibly. Could swap out Sharon Van Etten for Kurt. 

That is a very, very decent run. I may be at some of those as well although I kind of want to make the Jeremy Hardy Tribute and The Lounge Kittens in the Cabaret Tent as well.