day and stage

eFestivals

13 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Any ideas on where Interpol will be? I think I read they're only available on the Friday, which puts me in a catch 22 between wanting to see them in a high up slot on a smaller stage/tent, and not wanted them to clash with Tame Impala (headlining the Other on Friday right?)

Agreed, on one hand I want to see Tame Impala but on the other hand Interpol in the tent will be so much better

Interpol and Tame Impala would be a weird clash. I imagine there's a fair bit of crossover there.

Although after Flaming Lips and Radiohead, anything is fair game in the cruel world of clashes.

What's wrong with Interpol subbing Tame Impala though? That would work quite nicely I think. They're screaming out JPT headliner to me, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them subbing Tame Impala.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

What's wrong with Interpol subbing Tame Impala though? That would work quite nicely I think. They're screaming out JPT headliner to me, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them subbing Tame Impala.

I wouldn't have thought Interpol would place that high, maybe 4th down? Especially given how low they are on the poster, on 2017 the Other subs are 3rd 4th and 6th lines on the poster, Interpol are near the bottom

Just now, thrillhouse188 said:

I wouldn't have thought Interpol would place that high, maybe 4th down? Especially given how low they are on the poster, on 2017 the Other subs are 3rd 4th and 6th lines on the poster, Interpol are near the bottom

Ah I see what you mean. I thought you meant from some deep philosophical POV - like Interpol would never agree to sub Tame Impala ?

I suppose Other sub is a bit high on the bill for them, you're right. 

Just now, ManLj said:

Interpol definitely not available Sunday, they're playing Garorock in France - https://www.garorock.com/programmation

Interestingly the same lineup has Christine and the Queens playing Friday so we wont see them at the farm until Saturday at the earliest.

Christine subbing The Chems on the Sunday seems a pretty good bet.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Ah I see what you mean. I thought you meant from some deep philosophical POV - like Interpol would never agree to sub Tame Impala ?

I suppose Other sub is a bit high on the bill for them, you're right. 

Yeah I maybe worded it a little dramatically! Maybe an afternoon slot would still work but they're hardly renowned for their live act, at least in the standard afternoon slots they tend to get, a dark, intimate stage/tent would have been a welcome change!

42 minutes ago, jparx said:

Interpol and Tame Impala would be a weird clash. I imagine there's a fair bit of crossover there.

Although after Flaming Lips and Radiohead, anything is fair game in the cruel world of clashes.

IIRC, Two Door Cinema Club are only available Friday so it'll certainly be them subbing Tame Impala.

7 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Mavis Staples - Kylie - Janet Jackson Pyramid Sunday?

Be a good statement for the worlds leading festival to have 3 females in a row on their main stage. All legends in their own right too. I disagree with the shouts of tokenism. 

Think Vampire Weekend are gonna be between Kylie and Janet myself but what with who we have announced there is already gonna be a pretty strong female presence at the top of the lineup anyway.