day and stage

eFestivals

On 5/25/2019 at 1:31 AM, The Martini Police said:

I know it’s no surprise but I’m told The Streets are headlining the John Peel. Don’t know which day though unfortunately. 

Yeah that was almost inevitable, after how low they are Other headliner was no chance and they've dropped off a lot since coming back. As long as they are out the way....most would suspect not Friday.

6 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah that was almost inevitable, after how low they are Other headliner was no chance and they've dropped off a lot since coming back. As long as they are out the way....most would suspect not Friday.

Have they dropped off? They sold out seven nights in a row in Brixton three months ago.

36 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Have they dropped off? They sold out seven nights in a row in Brixton three months ago.

They have yes, well 6 but then it was London and it's only 5k a venue with test just academies. Pushing 5 months ago now, it's not tours to be topping the 2nd biggest stage and they are way outside of the 1st few lines on the poster.

53 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

They have yes, well 6 but then it was London and it's only 5k a venue with test just academies. Pushing 5 months ago now, it's not tours to be topping the 2nd biggest stage and they are way outside of the 1st few lines on the poster.

Not sure what you mean with the first line and it being 5 months ago but you're absolutely right about the poster. They were never going to be as high as initially suggested (Other Stage headliner) once that came out. Also, the person that info came from later said he'd made an assumption. Anyway, they are headlining the John Peel (I'm confident on this given the way I found out) and you'd imagine it'll be Sunday as Skinner is DJ'ing that day. 

JP headliner always made the most sense for them anyway - we just thought otherwise because of the info we got and also thinking they’d be placed somewhere different than the last time they played. Gutted that I’m gonna miss them really but they’re third in line on an already stacked night.

33 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Not sure what you mean with the first line and it being 5 months ago but you're absolutely right about the poster. They were never going to be as high as initially suggested (Other Stage headliner) once that came out. Also, the person that info came from later said he'd made an assumption. Anyway, they are headlining the John Peel (I'm confident on this given the way I found out) and you'd imagine it'll be Sunday as Skinner is DJ'ing that day. 

Sunday would make sense, tbh I couldn't see it being Other stage headliner from the start, just didn't sit correct. Well it was back in Jan time so maybe 4 months actually but they covered a load of academy dates and hit London with multiple venues rather than two bigger shows which I'd question for them anyway but that's me. There wasn't anything that said Other headliner.

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Sunday would make sense, tbh I couldn't see it being Other stage headliner from the start, just didn't sit correct. Well it was back in Jan time so maybe 4 months actually but they covered a load of academy dates and hit London with multiple venues rather than two bigger shows which I'd question for them anyway but that's me. There wasn't anything that said Other headliner.

It was February.

34 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Jesus man, I've just noticed your rep score. How did you get over 2000 negative votes? Did you start the R Kelly 4 Headliner 2020 thread or something?

1 hour ago, bombfrog said:

Jesus man, I've just noticed your rep score. How did you get over 2000 negative votes? Did you start the R Kelly 4 Headliner 2020 thread or something?

R Kelly lol. I don't care about negatives haha but I guess a lot of people don't like other having a negative opinion on bands they like. 

Edited by thewayiam
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Mal Webb has posted up his sets.

Wednesday 6pm Mandala stage.
Thursday 2:30pm Small World 9pm "Notey and Noisy" at Speakers' Forum
Friday 9:30pm Ancient Futures
Saturday 2:30pm Small World
Sunday 3:05pm Bandstand

Would definitely recommend anyone who's not seen him before checks out one of them. He's the crazy music teacher you wish you'd had at school.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

R Kelly lol. I don't care about negatives haha but I guess a lot of people don't like other having a negative opinion on bands they like. 

And somehow you got a downvote for that....which I guess highlights the problem a bit to @bombfrog - once you've got a bad rep, it seems to attract more of a bad rep