day and stage

eFestivals

4 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Could it be that Ezra is both an on-stage professional and off-stage wrong'un? He really does want to tie up official duties by 3pm so he can go and get on it?

I just can’t see him K holing in Bloc9 or something. I’ve always thought if I played Glastonbury i’d happily play early doors get it out the way and enjoy the rest of my festival 

12 minutes ago, sisco said:

We’ve heard some crazy things on this forum but now we have Ezra on the pyramid at 2/3 in the afternoon!  No chance

Seems a weird one. He played a similar slot in 2015, but was bumped up to evening Other Stage in 2017? Either way I cant stand him (sorry Ezra fans)

Probably wants to get an early start on his drive home for tea with the vicar at 5pm. Bed before sunset, then an early rise for a sojourn down to the village fête. Sure he's playing the Pyramid, but his mind's on Mrs Minnifred's marble cake. He's been regretting not having a second slice since this time last year.

• Upvote 2

Goes against the grain of the bigger artist you are the higher you play but perhaps he thinks his cheeeful popular ditty’s work better mid afternoon than in the setting sun of early evening? Reckon he could be right and would guarantee a big crowd.

8 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

Oh ? Whoops. 

To be fair though, it does seem that everyone is actually playing on Friday ATM (or at least everyone I want to see) - so this could well be right!

If we're assuming he'd be on The Park, what sort of slot would he get? Needs to be early to avoid clashes if Friday!

17 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

To be fair though, it does seem that everyone is actually playing on Friday ATM (or at least everyone I want to see) - so this could well be right!

If we're assuming he'd be on The Park, what sort of slot would he get? Needs to be early to avoid clashes if Friday!

I find it hard to gauge how big he is. Someone had him down for Park headline - hopefully not as that would be clashtastic... but hard to see him much lower than sub if on the Park?

7 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

I find it hard to gauge how big he is. Someone had him down for Park headline - hopefully not as that would be clashtastic... but hard to see him much lower than sub if on the Park?

I really, really hope he's much lower than expected!!! 

What are the other options for Park headliner?

3 minutes ago, uscore said:

Artists that understand the festival might be quite up for taking a "lower" slot, despite all the people here who refuse to accept anything but the running order being in strict order of popularity.

That's true...but I can't remember anyone as big as George taking such a low slot before.

A caveat here is that I only know how big George Ezra is from reading about it on here, so my comparisons with other artists may also be well off

15 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I really, really hope he's much lower than expected!!! 

What are the other options for Park headliner?

Hot Chip are Sat, others are unknown (as far as I'm aware). Interpol could work (they're probably on Friday wherever they are).

1 minute ago, uscore said:

Artists that understand the festival might be quite up for taking a "lower" slot, despite all the people here who refuse to accept anything but the running order being in strict order of popularity.

That's true, but the artist isn't always the only voice in that discussion.

Specifically - contracts at other festivals may limit what they can and cannot do. Latitude would probably see themselves as in competition with Glastonbury - so It's quite a surprise that at Glastonbury this year we seemingly have 2 of their headliners playing relatively low on the bill. If Foals do end up playing, there'll be a similar situation for Boardmasters. Especially as both of those festivals will likely be paying a much higher fee to get those artists and may feel that their top acts playing too a low a slot at Glastonbury hurts the perception of their own event.

Of course, all that depends on whether they tried to put some form of restriction in the contract to start with - and whether the artist agreed to it.

On 5/18/2019 at 12:24 PM, Sasperella said:

This always amuses me - Craig Charles is the only act I'm particularly fussed about on the Friday... everyone I want to see are on the Saturday. Line-ups are so subjective.