day and stage

eFestivals

7 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

The Big Moon eh? @eFestivals Great band. JP I imagine? Hopefully clash free. 

7 hours ago, FakeEmpire said:

They were brilliant in the Williams Green last time for those of us who weren't at Craig David.

They were indeed great in Williams Green, ended up in there instead of Wild Beasts, crowd were really up for them.

5 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Quick look through the Avalon lineup too:

My Baby are Friday:

image.png.ad283713b637c8ab5f26fd7e6c5d8be7.png

Steeleye Span are Friday:

image.png.f9777daea241cd32e734d07ebe67e2c9.png

The Burning Hell are likely to be Saturday due to tour dates (but I guess could do Friday earlyish?)

image.png.5e9fc00f90bdc226f1877cd3d112c195.png

Nahko and Medicine for the People are Sunday:

image.png.efcf2039af38099f6c5d4e72d0707632.png

Banarama are also Sunday:

image.png.e47ce99b378318932ea327c25bb0a705.png

My Baby also on the Shangri-La poster.

This summer they play one of the biggest sets of their career so far; a post-sunset slot at Glastonbury on Friday. "This year is huge," Trimble says excitedly. "We've never played at night at Glastonbury before. Playing on a big stage when it's dark, it changes everything."

Article on the beeb has confirmation of that Friday Other sub info for TDCC

2 minutes ago, MrRadioactiveCake said:

Article on the beeb has confirmation of that Friday Other sub info for TDCC

"biggest sets of their career so far" my arse, they used to be massive I swear, new stuff sounds dreadful and that's coming from a fan

2 hours ago, OddRon said:

"biggest sets of their career so far" my arse, they used to be massive I swear, new stuff sounds dreadful and that's coming from a fan

Agree on the way their music has gone for sure (also as a fan of the first two records), but it would still be their biggest Glasto billing - unless you count very early afternoon on the Pyramid as bigger.

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Max Cooper (Gas Tower, Shangri-La) has told me he’s playing Sunday night (via Twitter). 

That will be a fab thing to look forward to for the final night. 

:)

Ben

Is he worth a look? He's playing our local hipster venue and my pal is trying to persuade us to go. It's not my go-to genre but I'm told his shows are a visual feast!!

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

That will be packed on the Thursday. Thats the only issue for me

Yep,  Glade ans SE corner normally rammo on Thursdays....that said, managed to have a good old wander round The Common and Shangr-La on the Thursday in 2017 without it appearing as busy as the weekend nights? Maybe people were pacing themselves!

24 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Yep,  Glade ans SE corner normally rammo on Thursdays....that said, managed to have a good old wander round The Common and Shangr-La on the Thursday in 2017 without it appearing as busy as the weekend nights? Maybe people were pacing themselves!

I went to The Temple opening party last time and it was pretty easy to get in/not too packed. They just whacked the music on and opened the doors and everyone ran in!
107109543_ScreenShot2019-05-03at17_27_47.thumb.png.207704d5542d6dd4c07b22591affac03.png

5 hours ago, briddj said:

I wonder if this is the kind of thing to try and keep people away from south east corner? If he's on after midnight that will keep a lot of the Chems / Hot Chip crowd away from SE you'd think. Hopefully not too many.

Funk Soul Disco and Classic House from CC? That is going to be the absolute tits in the Glade.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Badlands said:

Is he worth a look? He's playing our local hipster venue and my pal is trying to persuade us to go. It's not my go-to genre but I'm told his shows are a visual feast!!

Depends what you like, @Badlands!

If you like techno/IDM/Electronica, then YES! Live he is a lot punchier and more ravey than on record. His sets are ambient/ethereal soundscapes punctuated by techno/IDM bangers! With great visuals. He's a must see for me on the Farm this year...

Ben