day and stage

eFestivals

50 minutes ago, mcshed said:

The?bookers?don't?coordinate?acts?to?avoid?clashes.

I think that's true for the most part, but I imagine there must be some sort of conversation going on when it comes to the headliners, at least where the big 5 stages are concerned.

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yes, but mainly in vain hope because I want them to. Someone else might have something more concrete than "because I want them to" :D

I can't remember where but I'm sure someone posted not long after the announcement saying that Orbital were still playing. 

18 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Hang on, do people still think Orbital are playing? If so, why?

Neil heard ages ago they were talking about it. After the poster dropped someone on Reddit said they knew they were playing. They still have tickets for their own shows to shift.

EDIT: Found the Reddit post:

EDIT: Apparently they're headlining the JP one night:

Edited by Brave Sir Robin
  • Upvote 1

The more I think about it, the less likely it seem that Jopkins will be on at the same time as Chems and Hot Chip. While for us it seems like a clashtastertrophe, it also has to be considered that people that have no interest or liking in any form of this type of music will have to head to either West Holts or Pyramid, possibly making those stages even busier than usual. I just don't see them splitting electronic acts over 3 stages on Saturday. 

Jopkins subbing Chems is actually a dream. 

5 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I've always thought they made sense for Arcadia, given that we've been told we haven't had any names for that yet.

Orbital were great in Arcadia in 2011.. was a rush to get from Other stage after the Chems to see them. I’m hoping they don’t clash for sure 

18 hours ago, DefLeppard said:

Surely 17 is old enough to just send her on her way to enjoy the killers and meet up after?

Yes that’s a very valid point, and I have considered it! Challenge for me is that this will be our first ‘proper’ festival together, one where I hope to make lots of memories that will stick with us both for life. So being in 2 separate fields seeing different artists goes against that a little (sad face) 

My ‘solution’ to the Killers V Chems clash is to concede and go with my 17yo to the Killers; then maybe pick up tickets to the Chems’ gig in Manchester in Nov. Come hell or high water, I WILL recalibrate her musical taste towards the dance genre! 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Mr_Hat said:

I hope to make lots of memories that will stick with us both for life. So being in 2 separate fields seeing different artists goes against that a little (sad face) 

But if your memory is of (even slightly) resenting the other person for making you miss an act you wanted to see, then the plan backfires. You'll have memories, but not necesarily good ones. It's only 2 hours over the entirety of the weekend, and might produce some positive results for you each to have a different experience for that time.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mr_Hat said:

Yes that’s a very valid point, and I have considered it! Challenge for me is that this will be our first ‘proper’ festival together, one where I hope to make lots of memories that will stick with us both for life. So being in 2 separate fields seeing different artists goes against that a little (sad face) 

My ‘solution’ to the Killers V Chems clash is to concede and go with my 17yo to the Killers; then maybe pick up tickets to the Chems’ gig in Manchester in Nov. Come hell or high water, I WILL recalibrate her musical taste towards the dance genre! 

Absolutely this... Its your daughter FFS.!

Go to The Killers and act like its the best gig youve ever been to..

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

would it be wishful thinking to hope for a Hot Chip DJ set elsewhere over the weekend/night? not the same as live by any means of course but it might offset the heartache and give a little consolation

I'm pretty sure Joe Goddard will be. The guy loves Glasto.

Got a similar situation im that it's the first festival for my 16 year old daughter (who wants to see the killers) and my 19 yr old son (who will see anything BUT the killers). My daughter is taking her best friend and doesn't want to spend much time with us at all so I'm hoping they'll be ok watching the killers on their own.  Bit of a worry obviously but they are kinda sensible!

Edited by zico martin

When I went 2016 there didn't seem anywhere near the kind of clashes that look to be happening this year.

No idea where I'm gunna end up and if I will be with anyone, taking the missus for the first time ever and from the looks of it unless I'm willing to concede a couple I suspect we'll be off at different things as the group I'm going with are very MOR "music died in 2006" lol.

Saturday clashes look mental.