day and stage

eFestivals

12 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I was pretty gutted about the Hopkins v Hot Chip clash but if Hopkins is subbing Chems I might actually be tempted to stay and watch them, rather than shlep to Park...

Aha, yeh I guess Hopkins is unknown quantity and could be subbing....maybe?

I can't even remember why we thought he was Saturday now...but I seem to remember it being good info whatever it was

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hopkins? Subbing the Chems???

Well, that’s every shade of cart before horse, isn’t it?

?

Ben

Haha well yes, that is true. I bet your inner dance monkey is having an absolute meltdown at the mere thought ?

If it means I get to see them both, I'll take it, even if means Dance Monkey is in an even bigger huff at Hot Chip 

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Aha, yeh I guess Hopkins is unknown quantity and could be subbing....maybe?

I can't even remember why we thought he was Saturday now...but I seem to remember it being good info whatever it was

He can't sub though, can he? Surely not. 

He was glorious headlining the park a few years back* when he clashed with Kanye.

The rythmic gymnasts with the hula hoops with lights in was a nice touch too, to make it more of a spectacle.

*I think my evening plonked there on my own went while my friends went to Kanye was: Mavis Staples > Spiritualized > Jon Hopkins. Perfect.

17 minutes ago, Woffy said:

He can't sub though, can he? Surely not. 

He was glorious headlining the park a few years back* when he clashed with Kanye.

The rythmic gymnasts with the hula hoops with lights in was a nice touch too, to make it more of a spectacle.

*I think my evening plonked there on my own went while my friends went to Kanye was: Mavis Staples > Spiritualized > Jon Hopkins. Perfect.

I admit...it doesn't sound very likely. But waaaahhh, I want to see them both!

Do you happen to remember where the Jon Hopkins for Saturday rumour came from? I've tried searching for it but had no luck

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Do you happen to remember where the Jon Hopkins for Saturday rumour came from?

I've read somewhere on here it's because he is playing elsewhere on the friday and sunday.

TBH it's the only thing that explains the clashmageddon we are faced with.  

3 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

I've read somewhere on here it's because he is playing elsewhere on the friday and sunday.

What if they just stick him on Arcadia or in the SE Corner after the headliners? Is that also pure madness? Dangerous overcrowding?

4 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Actually yeh, shit, no dates either side listed on his website, but it does indeed say Glastonbury 29th June. 

Balls. 

13 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Do you happen to remember where the Jon Hopkins for Saturday rumour came from? I've tried searching for it but had no luck

Just checked his website and there's nothing for 2 weeks before and a week afterwards although it does specify 29th June which is the Saturday so that could be where we got it from . 

image.thumb.png.9e03db54f08716a4e65ddca5121b5ad9.png

16 hours ago, Mr_Hat said:

Ugh. That’s a downer. Oh well, it’s my first ever Glasto so I see it as a nice dilemma to have to endure! Thanks for clarifying. 

I’m guessing that the headliners tend to start at the same time? So there’s little to no chance of watching say The Killers, then dashing over to the Other to catch the end of the Chems? 

Surely 17 is old enough to just send her on her way to enjoy the killers and meet up after?

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

Haha well yes, that is true. I bet your inner dance monkey is having an absolute meltdown at the mere thought ?

If it means I get to see them both, I'll take it, even if means Dance Monkey is in an even bigger huff at Hot Chip 

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

What if they just stick him on Arcadia or in the SE Corner after the headliners? Is that also pure madness? Dangerous overcrowding?

I think Arcadia could handle it (assuming the capacity is similar to what it usually is) and makes the most sense out of the options available.   

It would be delightful if Jopkins and Arcadia have been working together to make something spectacular for us all.  

28 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

All the announced acts are for pyramid, other, JP, Park and West Holts

Hot Chip v The Chems is a real dilemma, wrapped up in a conundrum for me. Had just about made peace with myself that I was going to have miss Mr Hopkins and see the Chips..:then this comes into the mix!

Decided last night that the Hot Chip party would win over the Chems - never seen a Park headliner and didn’t go to the festival in 2015, so missed the West Holts triumph. Saw the Chems in 97 at the farm and a few other times in the 90s....

But then...been blasting out “No Geography” all morning and I’m wavering.

Ideally, I’d love the Chipsters subbing the Chems on the Other - and the Hopkins date to be wrong and his headlining West Holts on Friday.

Presumably the Chemical Bros have been moved to the Saturday following The Prodigy’s sad withdrawal? If so, I’m hoping that HC are amenable to moving so they’re not up against the Chems at the same time.

And to think, some people are moaning that the lineup is shit!

1 minute ago, The Red Telephone said:

Presumably the Chemical Bros have been moved to the Saturday following The Prodigy’s sad withdrawal? If so, I’m hoping that HC are amenable to moving so they’re not up against the Chems at the same time.

Possibly....but then a Prodigy/Hopkins/Hot Chip clash might have been even worse!

Sadly, I don't think Hopkins info is wrong.....it's on his website. Could Hot Chip be wrong?

39 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Could potentially end up with a Hopp v Orbital clash then though which isnt much better (tho I guess now Chems have moved, Orbital could be Sunday)

That would still have had them up against The Prodigy which would have been a strange clash. Orbital on the Friday seems sensible to me, especially as there are no dance acts on the biggest two stages that night.

3 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

They do on the Pyramid and Other at the very least though surely. There is always an obvious contrast.

I'm not sure they really do but even if they do this clash sees The Chemical Brothers up against The Killers on the big two so no issues there.