day and stage

eFestivals

18 minutes ago, Mr_Hat said:

Ugh. That’s a downer. Oh well, it’s my first ever Glasto so I see it as a nice dilemma to have to endure! Thanks for clarifying. 

I’m guessing that the headliners tend to start at the same time? So there’s little to no chance of watching say The Killers, then dashing over to the Other to catch the end of the Chems? 

In my first one, I went to see Chic and left halfway through to Portishead.

Regretted it. I should have sticked to one. You lose so much time between stages and never really get into either show. Just choose one and get into it. 

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

Superb for me as the two main acts I want to see are the Chems and The Cure.

Only slight drawback is I don't have ticket...

I also have no ticket, but I’m talking like I have.

Something about having PMA....

32 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Chems win every day for me, but that Saturday night is crazy! 

God knows who I'm going to see on the Sunday night now though. 

same, no idea who im seeing on sunday, nothing really interests me on the sun night. unless theres a surprise coming soon. Christine and the queens john peel headliner sunday night?

Edited by TiZuff
add info

1 hour ago, Mr_Hat said:

Sorry for the Glasto noob question,  just want to check that The Chems (Other) in all likeliness will be on at the same time as The Killers (Pyramid). 

Is there no chance of them being on the Pyramid before The Killers? 

Context here is that the Chems are top of my list, while The Killers are top of my 17yo daughter’s... so that clash is a major burn! 

Sorry again for the noob question! 

3 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I wanted a good clash for Killers and my mate doesn't like Chems so I dont know what to do, do I go on my own for Chems or do I stick with him and the dreaded killers?

Problem solved. @Mr_Hat goes to Chems with @RarerThanDandyB

Mr Hat's daughter goes to Killers with Rarer's mate.

I was pretty gutted about the Hopkins v Hot Chip clash but if Hopkins is subbing Chems I might actually be tempted to stay and watch them, rather than shlep to Park... They were great in 2011 and I'm liking the new stuff. And I just saw Hot Chip. But they were great. Decisions, decisions.

Does seem odd to clash three dance acts but I guess if Prodigy were booked for Sunday then it would have been hard to avoid doing it. Although of course there is Friday.

6 hours ago, Homer said:

Chems are def Sat night, if this hasn't been confirmed already. Interview:

Are you looking forward to Glastonbury? You’ve obviously got big ties with the festival, you’ve played it many times and Michael Eavis even got married to ‘Hey Boy Hey Girl’, didn’t he?

I believe so, yeah. I’m really looking forward to it, we’re playing the Saturday night – party night – and it’s just a fantastic place to play for us.

Tremendous news. Just Cure v Janelle to worry about on Sunday then.

15 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

This is, and will continue to be, a tricky one for me. On the face of it, it’s Jopkins all the way, but I loved Hot Chip on West Holts in 2015 and haven’t seen them since, and they’ll be lovely on The Park and I’ve never seen a Park headliner and I saw Jopkins a month ago and that’s a lot of ands. 

So I am tempted to go to Hot Chip, but my inner dance monkey is screaming at me, and there’s a bit of me that is hoping for an entirely unexpected Glade headliner that is too good to miss and obviates that dilemma for me!

The dance line-up for Saturday until 0600h on the Sunday will also help me to decide. If I have an incredible night lined up, I might feel ok about sacrificing some 10pm IDM for a fun-crowd Hot Chip singalong. 

Ben

I would really hate for your inner dance monkey to be screaming at any point, Ben ?