day and stage

eFestivals

12 minutes ago, Ricci's Special Kebabs said:

Bit of a bittersweet announcement that. It's great as the crowd will be a full on rave for them on the Sat, however I was looking forward to see Hot Chip. I suspect this now creates a clash?

Are Hot Chip favourite to headline the Park on Sat? Hot Chip subbing them on Other would be an absolute top night. 

The info is that Hot Chip are the headliners for the park on Saturday.  I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong but I’m sure you can probably catch the last 20 mins (know it’s not ideal) on the Park once the Chems have finished. 

1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

Chuffed with that. Was gutted about The Cure v Chems, brutal clash, we all good now lads.

Likewise - very happy with this.  Saw Killers in JP in 2017 and on their tour so not too bothered about missing that.  Haven't seen Chems before and not seen Cure for 25 years so was dreading that as a clash.  Great News!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Explains why they felt confident putting Hot Chip on The Park and it not being ridiculously overcrowded. Unless there has been a major shift in the schedule and Chems have been moved or Hot Chip still might be. Weird for the festival to clash two of Emily's husband's acts, unless perhaps that not much of a factor.

Just now, nikkic said:

I must have missed the Jon Hopkins for Saturday news. Is this confirmed? 

Think his schedule says Saturday as Friday and Sunday he's elsewhere. No info on positioning though people were assuming JPT headliner.

Could he sub Chems? Or does he need darkness to work? 

16 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

whaaaaat. so who on earth is headlining sunday night other stage ? 

People disagreed with me but the poster seems to indicate what could be the subs in day order and what I thought were the other headers in day order. 

Ezra, Gallagher, Cyrus

Tame, Chems, VW

I’ll be gutted if Chems and Hot Chip clash - those are the only two headliners i really want to see (guessing from announcement who will be headlining).

it seems like bizarre scheduling to me. Apart from Hopkins (who is being spoken as another potential clash) we don’t have any other reasonably sized dance acts really?

13 minutes ago, sisco said:

People disagreed with me but the poster seems to indicate what could be the subs in day order and what I thought were the other headers in day order. 

Ezra, Gallagher, Cyrus

Tame, Chems, VW

Don't think Vampire Weekend will be headlining Other, imagine that The Prodigy were meant to sit there and VW were just bumped up a slot.

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

That’s my thinking 

I think they were bumped up a line on the poster... but not to other stage headliner. I can’t see them up against The Cure and I think they’d be better earlier on the pyramid.

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Chems are def Sat night, if this hasn't been confirmed already. Interview:

Are you looking forward to Glastonbury? You’ve obviously got big ties with the festival, you’ve played it many times and Michael Eavis even got married to ‘Hey Boy Hey Girl’, didn’t he?

I believe so, yeah. I’m really looking forward to it, we’re playing the Saturday night – party night – and it’s just a fantastic place to play for us.

YES!

Sorry for the Glasto noob question,  just want to check that The Chems (Other) in all likeliness will be on at the same time as The Killers (Pyramid). 

Is there no chance of them being on the Pyramid before The Killers? 

Context here is that the Chems are top of my list, while The Killers are top of my 17yo daughter’s... so that clash is a major burn! 

Sorry again for the noob question! 

23 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Don't think Vampire Weekend will be headlining Other, imagine that The Prodigy were meant to sit there and VW were just bumped up a slot.

Poster is an enigma this year, Wu Tang’s position is so weird, would expect them sandwiched between Lauryn Hill and Monae.

4 minutes ago, Mr_Hat said:

Sorry for the Glasto noob question,  just want to check that The Chems (Other) in all likeliness will be on at the same time as The Killers (Pyramid). 

Is there no chance of them being on the Pyramid before The Killers? 

Context here is that the Chems are top of my list, while The Killers are top of my 17yo daughter’s... so that clash is a major burn! 

Sorry again for the noob question! 

No they will be headlining Saturday night as they said on the Other Stage plus LG is subbing Killers that night. Looks like you have a decision to make. Get her into Chems. Much better than the wet Killers.

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

No they will be headlining Saturday night as they said on the Other Stage plus LG is subbing Killers that night. Looks like you have a decision to make. Get her into Chems. Much better than the wet Killers.

Ugh. That’s a downer. Oh well, it’s my first ever Glasto so I see it as a nice dilemma to have to endure! Thanks for clarifying. 

I’m guessing that the headliners tend to start at the same time? So there’s little to no chance of watching say The Killers, then dashing over to the Other to catch the end of the Chems? 

Just now, Mr_Hat said:

Ugh. That’s a downer. Oh well, it’s my first ever Glasto so I see it as a nice dilemma to have to endure! Thanks for clarifying. 

I’m guessing that the headliners tend to start at the same time? So there’s little to no chance of watching say The Killers, then dashing over to the Other to catch the end of the Chems? 

Actually theres usually about an hours difference. You can see Killers and dash to Chems.

2 minutes ago, Mr_Hat said:

This is all the set times across all stages from 2017. Should give you an idea :)

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2017/

edit - beaten by DandyB

Edited by Quark