Must see's and Maybe's

JoeyT

I’m perfectly happy to avoid the main headliners and already plenty that I’m excited to see:

Kamsai Washington - at last, keep missing his tours

Fatoumata Diawara - saw her recently, she is fantastic live

Vampire Weekend - class act

Michael Kiwanuka

Chemical Bros

The Comet Is Coming

Tame Impala

Sons of Kemet

....with many of these acts most likely on WH, looks like that’s where I’ll be spending much of my time.

Musts: Billie Eilish, Janet Jackson, Janelle Monae, Miley Cyrus, Sigrid, Snow Patrol, The Good The Bad and the Queen, Wu-Tang Clan

Maybes: George Ezra, Hot Chip, Interpol, IDLES, Sheryl Crow, Chemical Brothers, The Streets, Vampire Weekend

My musts aren't really because I'm a big fan, more because I think they'd be fun to see.

Edited by barkley87

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think this is why I feel so underwhelmed by the lineup, barely anything that I’d consider a must see. It’s all stuff I’ve either already seen or not that fussed about.

Closest I can muster is a “yeah they’ll be good, I’ll probably see them” and that’s for Vampire Weekend and Kylie.

Pretty much the whole of the rest of the poster is a maybe.* Plenty of stuff that’ll be alright and will entertain but nothing to excite me.

*Except for Ezra, he can fuck off.

My feelings exactly. Lots of meh, not a lot of yeah. Any act I’m interested in I’ve seen before.

Also bit too pop heavy for me so far.

Only thing that comes close to a must see is Tame Impala, and even then I'm probably playing fast and loose with the term. 

On the maybe list: Kylie, Liam, Chems, VW, Hot Chip, Streets, IDLES, Johnny Marr, Interpol, SVE, Fat White Family. 

A lot of those acts I've seen recently, or at Glastonbury before so not as hyped as I might've been. 

Must see- Chemical brothers, Kylie, Christine and The Queens, Idles, Sam Fender, The Streets

Maybes- Snow Patrol (i was largely shut down when i mentioned they could play late last year), Janet Jackson, Vampire weekend, Lauryn Hill, Miley, Hozier, Sigrid

I look forward to the next announcement and the inevitable working out of horrific clashes. 

• Like 1

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

No RBCF is a pisser though, eh?

I'll live, saw them last year in Brighton so I've at least had a live fix.  But tbh even if they are booked I wasn't really expecting them on the first poster drop. Might yet appear :)

Just now, Quark said:

Jon Hopkins is my only must see, but an absolute boatload of maybes / happy to see

Where do you think he'll be?  I'd have said West Holts but between Wu Tang, Janelle Monae and Lauryn Hill, it's already looking quite stacked for headliners (unless he isn't headlining WH).   Guess he'll be at The Park again unless he's got something lined up for Arcadia

Not a load of must-sees for me, which at Glastonbury can be an advantage.

Musts:

Tame Impala; Kylie; Miley Cyrus; Christine and The Queens, Neneh Cherry, Janelle Monae, Lizzo

Would Like to:

The Good the Bad and The Queen, Janet Jackson, The Cure, Chemical Brothers, Hot Chip, Jon Hopkins, Sharon Van Etten, Idles, Shura, Low, Billie Eilish, Kurt Vile, Pond, Interpol, Sigrid, Jorja Smith

Maybe:

Vampire Weekend, Lauryn Hill, Rosalia, Jungle, Mavis Staples, Maribou State, Friendly Fires

Would usually avoid but I'll be dragged to by my girlfriend: 

Hozier

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'll live, saw them last year in Brighton so I've at least had a live fix.  But tbh even if they are booked I wasn't really expecting them on the first poster drop. Might yet appear :)

Picturing them at at about 4pm on the Park, blazing sunshine cold cider in hand. Keep the faith ;) 

"Must sees" are relatively low, mainly because I'm doing Mad Cool and many of the "must sees" are also there, so I'm happy to forgo them at Glastonbury if necessary. Tame Impala, CATQ, Cat Power, Hot Chip, Kurt Vile, Interpol and (hides) George Ezra are the must sees who currently aren't at MC.

List of "maybes" is pretty huge, almost half the lineup.

Edited by jparx

34 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

I feel I have an appropriate amount of whelm. 

Haha, I love this :) 

Tbh, I'm always mega excited by the first poster even though the music I really like isn't usually the stuff that makes it on to the first poster. I doubt I'll be seeing any Pyramid headliners or subs (except maybe Stormzy....and I guess potentially The Cure if I get dragged there by my mates), but that seems pretty standard for most years

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

It's a good point, they're definitely at that sweet spot at the moment where they could well be getting held back for and individual stage/big poster.

Fingers crossed my Ferengi friend.

2 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Picturing them at at about 4pm on the Park, blazing sunshine cold cider in hand. Keep the faith ;) 

Fuckin' aye.  If the dream comes it's a date!

4 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Where do you think he'll be?  I'd have said West Holts but between Wu Tang, Janelle Monae and Lauryn Hill, it's already looking quite stacked for headliners (unless he isn't headlining WH).   Guess he'll be at The Park again unless he's got something lined up for Arcadia

No idea.  It'll have to be a headline set somewhere, if only because it needs to be dark!  My worst fear is somewhere in Silver Hayes :(

1 minute ago, Quark said:

No idea.  It'll have to be a headline set somewhere, if only because it needs to be dark!  My worst fear is somewhere in Silver Hayes :(

Oh dear god, I had completely forgotten of Silver Hayes' existence.  

Lets hope that your fears come to be unfounded!

Must Sees:

Kate Tempest, Chems, Vampire Weekend, Lauren Hill, Jon Hopkins, Johnny Marr, Mavis Staples, Michael Kiwanuka, Loyle Carner, Kurt Vile, Maribou State

Maybes:

Stormzy, Tame Impala, Sheryl Crow, Good, The Bad & The Queen, Hot Chip, Little Simz, Jungle, Sharron Van Etten

Gonna be busy....................................................