Must see's and Maybe's

JoeyT

Must- Chemical Brothers, Tame Impala, Miley Cyrus, Vampire Weekend, Santigold, Wu-tang, Janet Jackson, Christine & the Queens, Lizzo, Lauren Hill, Billie Eilish, Kurt Vile, Interpol

Maybe - Cure, Kylie, Sharon Van Etten, Sigrid

I have too many musts... but I also have a dream. A dream of no clashes and I'll live in that dream until forced otherwise. 

Tbf theres loads of bands I dont mind who ill go watch, just no one Im that excited about. Theres usually one band your buzzing for and none this year which makes it a bit underwhelming, especially as we pretty much knew everyone on there to begin with, no real surprises and no stand out act but plenty of decent bands spread across.

I think this is why I feel so underwhelmed by the lineup, barely anything that I’d consider a must see. It’s all stuff I’ve either already seen or not that fussed about.

Closest I can muster is a “yeah they’ll be good, I’ll probably see them” and that’s for Vampire Weekend and Kylie.

Pretty much the whole of the rest of the poster is a maybe.* Plenty of stuff that’ll be alright and will entertain but nothing to excite me.

*Except for Ezra, he can fuck off.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think this is why I feel so underwhelmed by the lineup, barely anything that I’d consider a must see. It’s all stuff I’ve either already seen or not that fussed about.

Closest I can muster is a “yeah they’ll be good, I’ll probably see them” and that’s for Vampire Weekend and Kylie.

Pretty much the whole of the rest of the poster is a maybe.* Plenty of stuff that’ll be alright and will entertain but nothing to excite me.

*Except for Ezra, he can fuck off.

Ezra actually moved up my list from a fuck off to a will consider walking past the stage when hes on. 

Must sees:

Janet Jackson
Rosalia
Kylie
Sharon van Etten
Janelle Monae
Stormzy
King Princess

Loads of others I'd like to see as well - fortunately, lots I've seen before so not the end of the world if I miss them but would be very happy to see again:

Tame Impala
Vampire Weekend
Lauryn Hill
Liam Gallagher
Sheryl Crow
The Good, The Bad & The Queen
Santigold
Lizzo
Idles

I'd enjoy pretty much everyone on the lineup really with the exception of George Ezra, Anne-Marie and Years & Years who are the only ones I would avoid.

Must see:

Jon Hopkins (I may have mentioned that I like him a couple of times)

Kate Tempest

Hot Chip

Miley and Kylie,

Lauryn Hill

Maybes/If nothing else better on:

Pretty much the rest of the poster

I'm not underwhelmed by this poster but I'm far from overwhelmed.  I feel I have an appropriate amount of whelm. 

Not going but if I was

Musts: Miley, Janelle, Stormzy, Vampire Weekend, Sigrid, The Good The Bad & The Queen, Pale Waves

Maybes: The Killers, Kylie, Christine, TDCC, Sheryl Crow, Hot Chip, The Streets, Michael Kiwanuka, Kamasi Washington, Jungle, Janet Jackson, Tame Impala

In the unlikely event nothing else was on: George Ezra, Snow Patrol, Lauryn Hill

Definitely not: Liam Gallagher, The Cure, Bastille, Johnny Marr, Interpol, Chemical Brothers, Fat White Family, Diplo, Years & Years (the lad cant sing live, bless his heart)

No idea on the rest

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

Must sees: Kylie, Vampire Weekend, Janelle, Sigrid, Lizzo, Idles, Kate Tempest.

Cure would be a must but I'm not missing Janelle.

Would like to see: Stormzy, Chems, Lauryn Hill, Streets, Mavis Staples, Michael Kiwanuka, Loyle Carner, Kurt Vile, Sharon van Etten.

And too many 'would be happy to watch if there's nothing better on but not too fussed if I miss them' acts to mention.