Miley Cyrus

CaledonianGonzo

9 hours ago, gearbm95 said:

Is anyone else low key excited to get weird to "Can't Be Tamed"...

That is an absolute belter. Sadly, and don't quote me on this, but I have a feeling she hates it. I don't think we will get anything from the olden days bar See You Again, and then everything else will Bangerz onwards,

this was the name I was shocked to see. Much like Katy last year, so I feel she may be in the same slot. I'm way more excited for this one though. I thought this might be a hated on booking, great to see such positivity! 

Miley is definitely my biggest must see of the weekend so far.

Regardless of what you think of her music (I personally think she has at least 5 great pop tracks) you know she will put on an entertaining show.

Judging by her Twitter I think she will buy into the ethos of the festival and be thrilled to be there. Exactly the type of American act we want coming over to the farm!

7 minutes ago, Jordan1471 said:

Miley is definitely my biggest must see of the weekend so far.

Regardless of what you think of her music (I personally think she has at least 5 great pop tracks) you know she will put on an entertaining show.

Judging by her Twitter I think she will buy into the ethos of the festival and be thrilled to be there. Exactly the type of American act we want coming over to the farm!

Yeah she seems genuinely excited to be coming/performing which is always so nice to see from acts of her stature. I think her set will be one of the most fun of the weekend, and also she really does have a great voice. Great booking.

4 hours ago, king_oxymoron said:

That is an absolute belter. Sadly, and don't quote me on this, but I have a feeling she hates it. I don't think we will get anything from the olden days bar See You Again, and then everything else will Bangerz onwards,

this was the name I was shocked to see. Much like Katy last year, so I feel she may be in the same slot. I'm way more excited for this one though. I thought this might be a hated on booking, great to see such positivity! 

I can’t believe she’d pass up this once in a lifetime opportunity to change the lyrics from ‘Party in the USA’ to ‘Party at Glastonbury’, I’d be devastated.

I think this was the last decent-length show she played: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/miley-cyrus/2017/tootsies-orchid-lounge-nashville-tn-63e3b69b.html

Swap Out 4x4 for Wrecking Ball, and Week Without You for The Climb, then add We Can’t Stop and Nothing Breaks Like A Heart, and it’s perfect.

10 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I like Miley Cyrus, but she's definitely better when she puts the pop bangers on the bench and does a lot of druggy old w*nk with real musicians like Uncle Disgusting off of the Flaming Lips.

"Uncle Disgusting off the Flaming Lips" ???

You are wrong though, her big strength is that she can do stone cold bangers, enormous ballads, covers of classic that it'd be foolhardy for any mere mortal to attempt, and druggy old w*nk. And she's always completely amazing.

15 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I would absolutely fucking love it because I grew up on Hannah Montana. My defining trait in school was how much I loved Hannah Montana, because the only way to not get bullied for loving Hannah Montana is to go fucking hard on how much you unashamedly love Hannah Montana. But sadly I don't think she'd ever do that. Shame because I can still do the full Hodown Throwdown.

I'm buzzing for this, I absolutely love her and think she's an amazing person, she does what the fuck she wants and is completely her own person, truly the Glastonbozza spirit embodied.

I don't think any other artist on the bill has any songs as good as We Can't Stop, except maybe a couple of Cat Power's jams, and even that is debatable. Set of the weekend is Amy Lawn's cast iron guarantee.

Out of upvotes so here is a big thumbs up instead ? what a great post