Jump to content
kalifire

Brexit at Glasto?

Recommended Posts

On 4/12/2019 at 12:34 PM, Woffy said:

Speaking of those with limited understanding, what's everyone's take on the European elections (should they happen).

I missed this a bit: is taking part in the elections a condition to get the extension from the EU? Previously they said the EU would run into constitutional problems if the UK stayed longer. But I remember a hypothetical situation in which a UK GE could postpone European elections in the UK? 

I would say the UK should take part of May 22 in the elections. Otherwise it looks like some Brexiteer tactic, saying 'look, we're still in the EU put have nothing to say'. And if in some miraculous case they revoke A50, the UK has no MEPs? 

But maybe I missed something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StupidDream said:

I missed this a bit: is taking part in the elections a condition to get the extension from the EU? Previously they said the EU would run into constitutional problems if the UK stayed longer. But I remember a hypothetical situation in which a UK GE could postpone European elections in the UK? 

I would say the UK should take part of May 22 in the elections. Otherwise it looks like some Brexiteer tactic, saying 'look, we're still in the EU put have nothing to say'. And if in some miraculous case they revoke A50, the UK has no MEPs? 

But maybe I missed something. 

I don't think we have a choice. If we are in the EU we have to take part in the elections. Which is why they wanted to leave before that initially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, StupidDream said:

I missed this a bit: is taking part in the elections a condition to get the extension from the EU? Previously they said the EU would run into constitutional problems if the UK stayed longer. But I remember a hypothetical situation in which a UK GE could postpone European elections in the UK? 

I would say the UK should take part of May 22 in the elections. Otherwise it looks like some Brexiteer tactic, saying 'look, we're still in the EU put have nothing to say'. And if in some miraculous case they revoke A50, the UK has no MEPs? 

But maybe I missed something. 

Yup. But the Tories are committed to Brexit, so they clearly won’t run candidates right? Unless maybe they are not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cersei Lannister, Theresa May, you get me?

CerseiLannisterQOTAATFMSeason8.PNG  vs 3962415800000578-3838993-Prime_Minister_

Topical.

Edited by bamber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are having a Brexit themed party this Sunday (called a Fete worse than Death) and I'm compiling a playlist for it.....assume I have the obvious leave/remain toons, but I'm hoping to use the eFest humour engine to suggest some more obscure/witty ones (along the lines of 'ferry cross the mersey', 'I predict a riot' or 'making plans for nigel'.......any suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, timbrass said:

We are having a Brexit themed party this Sunday (called a Fete worse than Death) and I'm compiling a playlist for it.....assume I have the obvious leave/remain toons, but I'm hoping to use the eFest humour engine to suggest some more obscure/witty ones (along the lines of 'ferry cross the mersey', 'I predict a riot' or 'making plans for nigel'.......any suggestions?

Burning down the house - Tom Jones 

Everybody wants to rule the world - Tears for Fears 

Out of touch - Hall and Oates

Edited by gordong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Should I stay or should I go' The Clash 

'Do you really want to hurt me' Culture Club.

'How will I know' Whitney Houston. 

And if the worse happens there's always Lyle Lovetts..... 'If I had a boat' 😉

 

Edited by mashedonmud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zero000 said:

c**ts are still running the world - Jarvis Cocker

Snap, ha ha!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Lunatics (have taken over the asylum) Fun Boy Three

Edited by mashedonmud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iron Maiden - Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hope you're all going to get out and vote today. We can't let Farage have it all to himself.

#CantVoteBrexitLabour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've posted this in the general news discussion but think it's worth repeating here.

A lot has been made of the Lib Dem surge but here are the results from the last rounds of polling by each pollster, it's worth noting only YouGov have the Lib Dems ahead of Labour and Kantar and Panelbase still have Labour within 5% of Farage, I understand frustration with Labour's Brexit position but if there is any hope of beating The Brexit Party it is Labour. Go out and vote.

polling.png

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mcshed said:

if there is any hope of beating The Brexit Party it is Labour.

you cannot beat brexit with brexit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

you cannot beat brexit with brexit. 

We all know you think Corbyn is as bad, if not worse by how much you go on about him, as Farage but I dare say the other people disagree with you.  This isn't a referendum and the only possible way of avoiding Farage Wins as the takeaway headline from this vote is to vote Labour.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mcshed said:

We all know you think Corbyn is as bad, if not worse by how much you go on about him, as Farage but I dare say the other people disagree with you.  This isn't a referendum and the only possible way of avoiding Farage Wins as the takeaway headline from this vote is to vote Labour.

How I'm choosing to vote has fuck all to do with what I think of Corbyn and everything to do with what I think of his desire for brexit.

Any 'win' will not be counted by party, but by for or against brexit.

Farage has greater credibility by giving a vote to pro-brexit Labour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...