Brexit at Glasto?

kalifire

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Amusing watching a few calls that if Brexit doesn't go ahead, the hard trodden, betrayed working class should blockade the elites on their way to Glastonbury. 

No problem, blast out Mumford and sons in full banjo mode from a PA system on the back of a tractor and attract them away from the site into the Somerset levels. Failing that spike their chips with cous cous. 

5 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Amusing watching a few calls that if Brexit doesn't go ahead, the hard trodden, betrayed working class should blockade the elites on their way to Glastonbury. 

They’ve got the wrong idea, if they really want to piss Glastonbury goers off they should blockade us on the way HOME from Glastonbury when we are all hungover and desperate for a shower. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, tumbles said:

In a way I hope not - as we'll then revoke and hopefully this nightmare will be over... 

Unfortunately, I doubt that would be the end of the matter! 

So just to clarify :

If brexit is revoked, it's a betrayal of the people and the country ( brexiteers) 

If there's a hard brexit it's a betrayal of the people and the country (remainers) 

If there's a soft brexit it's a betrayal of the country and the people (both sides) 

If there's a second referendum it's a betrayal of the country and the people (brexiteers) 

If there isn't a second referendum it's a betrayal of the people and the country (remainers) 

Mps of both main parties should work together because by not doing they are letting the country down but also Mps working together is a stich up/sell out/betrayal 

Also 'why don't mps just get on with it?' 

Edited by Mr.Tease
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

There is no way out of this as whatever happens, someone will be outraged

And that, more than anything, is what is so unforgivable about Cameron and this whole mess. He sparked the match that's lit a fire bang down the middle of this country. And God only knows when we'll manage to put it out.

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

And that, more than anything, is what is so unforgivable about Cameron and this whole mess. He sparked the match that's lit a fire bang down the middle of this country. And God only knows when we'll manage to put it out.

And the tit is still planning on releasing his self serving memoirs soon! 

Unless they consist of just a book with photos of him pumping a dead pig, in which case that would be quite funny and an apt statement drawing a line under his career

Edited by Mr.Tease

3 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

And the tit is still planning on releasing his self serving memoirs soon! 

Unless they consist of just a book with photos of him pumping a dead pig, in which case that would be quite funny and an apt statement drawing a line under his career

Now would be a fantastic time for Cameron to drop a book for of truth bombs, about Brexit, the architects of all the lies, Boris, Mogg, Farage etc. I bet he knows a few things that could drop them all in it. I'd almost forgive him if he came out right now and explained to the leavers how they were all conned.

9 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

So just to clarify :

If brexit is revoked, it's a betrayal of the people and the country ( brexiteers) 

If there's a hard brexit it's a betrayal of the people and the country (remainers) 

If there's a soft brexit it's a betrayal of the country and the people (both sides) 

If there's a second referendum it's a betrayal of the country and the people (brexiteers) 

If there isn't a second referendum it's a betrayal of the people and the country (remainers) 

Mps of both main parties should work together because by not doing they are letting the country down but also Mps working together is a stich up/sell out/betrayal 

Also 'why don't mps just get on with it?' 

Nicely summarised.

Which is why revoke ends up as the least damaging.

Here's my take on things.

May was a remainer and was just giving brexit lip-service. She deliberately mislead the government and manufactured a "Brexit deal" that was so bad and convoluted it would never pass in the house in a million years, by deliberately excluding all other parties from the outset, when it came to the crunch she was always going to be outvoted by a huge margin throwing the whole process into chaos and creating major divisions in the house so all other possible scenarios would be voted down.

Leaving just a "Hard Brexit to WTO" which the house would never approve a second referendum (which no MP's want and the country can't be bothered with) and rescinding article-50 (which I suspect is what she wanted all along).

So mark my words "By the end of April Article-50 will be rescinded". 

In the meantime the Tory & Labour parties have torn themselves to pieces - making a general election unfeasible until the whole mess is resolved..

The Euro-elections in May are going to be a car-crash of anti-Tory, Anti-Labour protest votes probably resulting in Farage's lot getting more seats in the EU (which would be ironic) or hopefully the green party.

I don't believe May has been trying to sabotage Brexit. I think she has been trying to deliver what she thinks is the least worst option.  You can question her competence, and her inability to compromise from her vision (although you might also try to credit her stubbornness) but I believe her intention has been honest.

I just don't buy the theory that May is an undercover remain agent attempting to sabotage the whole process. Very few politicans, and even few Tories are willing to do what's right for the country. Why would May sacrifice her own reputation and that of her party to keep us in the EU? 

8 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

She deliberately mislead the government and manufactured a "Brexit deal" that was so bad and convoluted it would never pass in the house in a million years

Oh dear.

The deal May got was pretty much the deal the EU said was available even before the UK voted for brexit.  They said they'd protect the GFA, they said we'd pay our commitments, and they said we could pick from a menu of options for a future trade deal if we did.

About the only thing May managed to get them to bend on was to extend the CU/SM backstop to the whole of the UK rather than just in Ireland, so there wouldn't be a border down the Irish sea.

And apart from the issues with not falling into the backstop - created by the tory want of no CU but also frictionless trade (what brexit was sold on!) - May's deal is pretty damned good at delivering on the major claims of the leavers during the campaign - control of immigration, borders, money and laws.

And who's been stopping the brexiters getting what the brexiters want? The headbanger brexiters, no one else.

9 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

I just don't buy the theory that May is an undercover remain agent attempting to sabotage the whole process. 

If May is, then surely Mogg and the rest of the ERG is too?  :P 

After all, it's not May who's been voting against brexit and stopping it happening, it's those nutters in the ERG (and their want of unicorns).

16 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

I just don't buy the theory that May is an undercover remain agent attempting to sabotage the whole process. Very few politicans, and even few Tories are willing to do what's right for the country. Why would May sacrifice her own reputation and that of her party to keep us in the EU? 

Of course she's not, but it's a nice thought!