Brexit at Glasto?

kalifire

https://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2019/01/21/the-civil-war-between-norway-and-people-s-vote-is-insane

my biggest fear is that this march makes 2nd ref folk decide to oppose any Norway style agreement, and by doing so we end up with Mays deal (because then neither gets the votes). I prefer Norway + but I’d back a second ref too- whichever can get a majority in parliament, let’s not start infighting.

Edited by Mr.Tease

I hope all the international acts playing glasto will ensure they have at least six months left on their passports. First thing I thought of when I heard that this would be essential if we crash out. 

By the way I thought the leavers had the biggest nutter in Farage. Seems the remainers are trying to trump them with Uri Geller. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm planning to.

@MrZigster thanks for replying. Really hope you get to go to the festival.

Thank you. Me too :) .

As mentioned in other threads (and maybe this one already, sorry if repeating myself), first step is to get home in time for the tiny window that registration for said volunteering spot is open for.

One night shift a week I do. That's a one in seven chance that I wouldn't be able to get to an internet connection at the required time. I'm going to have to have a good commute home that morning. The gods seem against me this year.

To stay on thread, as I'm sure people have read, French Customs (Douane) are working to rule at the moment. It's causing miles of road tailbacks and lots of train & ferry cancellations into Britain. This is just a taste of what proper vehicle/paperwork checks that may be deemed legally necessary under a ND scenario would cause. It would be like that permanently (or is that eventually). On both sides rather than just the one that it has been for the last fortnight. The economies of SE Kent and NW France are surely going to take such a hit. Especially as our Transport Secretary Chris (how am I still in a job) Failing promised millions to other ports and non existent boats to cope with such a scenario. (which kind of proves that they knew what was likely to happen).

I'm ranting. it'such a clusterfuck for all and (personally) it buggers up my (already hard enough) commute no end.

12 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

https://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2019/01/21/the-civil-war-between-norway-and-people-s-vote-is-insane

my biggest fear is that this march makes 2nd ref folk decide to oppose any Norway style agreement, and by doing so we end up with Mays deal (because then neither gets the votes). I prefer Norway + but I’d back a second ref too- whichever can get a majority in parliament, let’s not start infighting.

I reckon that as long as May doesn't no-deal, we're likely to get at least one of the deals offered up for public vote as the only way any of the deals can get enough support to get thru.

And I think any type of deal with keeps us in the CU and under the ECJ will be the deal to keep the brexit agony going on for the longest. There'll be the most headbanger noise and resistance until the trade deal is signed (so a year or three away), and then the push will turn towards a 'proper' brexit. It'll never go away, and they'll eventually win a CU exit.

There'd be a quieter time if a50 was just revoked and the ref forgotten all about.

9 hours ago, parsonjack said:

This is hilarious.... ?

'We can, and will, bring the country to it's knees' 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/major-motorways-blocked-pro-brexit-14174004

yeah, pleased to see that as an abject failure.

And you've gotta laugh at how dim the 'truckers for brexit' must be, given how it's going to fuck their work.

35 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

BBC are saying '10's of thousands'.... looks a lot more than that on the aerial coverage ?

My experience from going on marches in the past is that if the BBC supports your cause they over estimate/report the number of marchers, and if they don't they under estimate/report the numbers, or ignore it, or focus on a handful of people who were dicks.