Brexit at Glasto?

kalifire

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s not good enough for people who are sick and tired of it. Tories telling a lie that it will all be over by Christmas is what the general public want to hear.

They are in for a bit of disappointment then!  Even with a Cons majority, we're looking at another 5-10 years of brexshit.

13 hours ago, EasyUserName said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Labour's stance one of "no comment"?

How are people still getting this wrong?  For MONTHS now Labour's position has been really clear if you actually listen to them say it.  It's only the media and the opposition telling you otherwise.

If it wasn't so dispiriting, it would be a fascinating insight into how people hear each party's message.

Can the Labour Party membership not call a vote of no confidence in him? He needs to go now so they can get fresh blood in. Someone young with no baggage. He’s too nice a guy to be at this level of politics, especially against a morally bankrupt Tory party. He’ll make a great back bencher though. 

17 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Can the Labour Party membership not call a vote of no confidence in him?

the Labour Party membership are the ones who were continually told Corbyn was a bad choice because of all the things flagged up in the last 4 years but voted for him anyway and then voted for him again. ;) 

That membership share the blame for the failure, and the only hope for Labour is that they wise up quickly!

(just to make it clear, i don't think Corbyn was the only reason, but him as leader always made it just about impossible to win on that alone. The offer of endless freebies with a payment plan few believed played its part too - particularly in not attracting across voters from other parties.)

17 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

He needs to go now so they can get fresh blood in. Someone young with no baggage. He’s too nice a guy to be at this level of politics, especially against a morally bankrupt Tory party. He’ll make a great back bencher though. 

Someone young with no baggage and who isn't in the Corbyn fan club - because someone from the Corbyn fan club won't be able to shake off that off by enough.

6 minutes ago, uscore said:

Corbyn will go, it's obvious.  He's been up all night though.  At least let him get some sleep before announcing anything.  There's no rush right now, Labour don't need to install a new leader by tomorrow.

He has to go and I think he is on the record saying he will?

What troubles me most has been the media bias towards the Cons. BBC "mistakes" that only seemed to happen in favour of them. The repeated "Anti Semitism" allegation without any mention of Tory Islamophobia or Johnson's racist dog-whistling. Kuenssberg chummily repeating CCHQ lies Etc. etc. et blooody cetera.

Anyhow, just depressed, I quite liked having an NHS as welll...

22 minutes ago, uscore said:

Corbyn will go, it's obvious.  He's been up all night though.  At least let him get some sleep before announcing anything.  There's no rush right now, Labour don't need to install a new leader by tomorrow.

no one doubts he'll go, it's what he plans doing while he stays which is the concern now.

Is he going to try and force more of the same for the party's future, or is he going to let it sort itself out?

The problem is at the hands of Momentum who will again back a far left leader, Momentum have far too much power and control of the labour party and won't allow another new labour movement again.

Starmer is the only choice for me, labour need a new start and he is the only man I could see realistically challenge the torys  

1 minute ago, brettredmayne said:

The problem is at the hands of Momentum who will again back a far left leader, Momentum have far too much power and control of the labour party and won't allow another new labour movement again.

Starmer is the only choice for me, labour need a new start and he is the only man I could see realistically challenge the torys  

Not a Labour voter but agree Starmer would be the best option

I've always found the ott criticisms of Corbyn as absurd as those who blindly follow him.  I liked him; I think he should have gone after the last election though.

One major difference between the Right and the Left is how much better the Right are with leaders. Burdened by fewer scruples they will ruthlessly topple leaders they don't like in non-election times, but will unite behind whatever monster is in charge when the election comes around. Whereas the Left hang-wring and get stuck with leaders they can' neither vote for, nor depose until they heavily lose an election.

Edited by uscore

7 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

We can't have no leadership in the Labour party while Johnson puts the finishing touches on Brexit.

we've had no leadership from Corbyn on brexit anyway. That's been part of the problem. 

If we had - pumping for either side - things might be different today, but telling people that you don't respect their leave vote but then giving no argument for why and no fully-defined alternative was always a plan likely to fail.