Brexit at Glasto?

kalifire

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

My optimism is dwindling and I am now officially bricking it.

Me too. 

I just don't get it.

People who are voting for him shouldn't vote Tory at the best of times.  These are not the best of times! People who've had their benefits cut, people who've suffered at the cash stricken NHS, people who might lose their jobs due to Brexit - all voting for Boris.

It baffles me. 

That's before you even start to consider him hiding in a fridge, refusing to be interviewed by Andrew Neil, putting the phone of a reporter in his pocket to avoid looking at a sick kid on the floor, being replaced by an ice sculpture because he would debate climate change.

People have absolutely lost the plot and the tory media have played them all.

• Upvote 2

It’s been one of the main discussion topics at work today. They all think Boris is an idiot yet they still prefer him over Corbyn. 

I’m definitely far from a Corbyn fan but the Tories have to go so my hands are tied when it comes to voting. Corbyn is just incredibly unpopular with the average working person. No ones even discussing the policies, it’s all about the people in charge thats influencing people’s votes. 

15 minutes ago, stuie said:

Me too. 

I just don't get it.

People who are voting for him shouldn't vote Tory at the best of times.  These are not the best of times! People who've had their benefits cut, people who've suffered at the cash stricken NHS, people who might lose their jobs due to Brexit - all voting for Boris.

It baffles me. 

That's before you even start to consider him hiding in a fridge, refusing to be interviewed by Andrew Neil, putting the phone of a reporter in his pocket to avoid looking at a sick kid on the floor, being replaced by an ice sculpture because he would debate climate change.

People have absolutely lost the plot and the tory media have played them all.

This is brilliant. I'm tweeting this 

1 minute ago, Superscally said:

You get me in, I'll get you in. I'm a season ticket holder ? You will have to make a hat for the occasion though..

got to get myself in 1st :) im doing as much as I can possibly do in terms of the resale thread and everyone on there ... you do have a good twitter following though ... so could make some use of that ( in terms of help personally ) or in terms of attracting them to the efest thread .. I will definitely be tweeting your story after xmas as part of the resale team awareness campaign ... dont want to block views at a football match either :) at least at Glastonbury people can move out the way if they want to .... but a to scale Anfield Hat could look impressive :) 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

got to get myself in 1st :) im doing as much as I can possibly do in terms of the resale thread and everyone on there ... you do have a good twitter following though ... so could make some use of that ( in terms of help personally ) or in terms of attracting them to the efest thread .. I will definitely be tweeting your story after xmas as part of the resale team awareness campaign ... dont want to block views at a football match either :) at least at Glastonbury people can move out the way if they want to .... but a to scale Anfield Hat could look impressive :) 

I just want to see it. Can leave it at home for the game! Cheers dude. X

2 hours ago, Homer said:

My optimism is dwindling and I am now officially bricking it.

This. I feel sick. I'm praying for a hung parliament and that Libs and Lab will work together, but I just can't see it being anything but a Tory majority, to one of the worst Tory governments and prime ministers of my adult life. Devastating.

Dreading Christmas as I have Tory parents and in-laws to visit and it will be bloody raw still.

Get out and vote tomorrow and vote tactically for fuck's sake.

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

My parents are voting Tory.

I tried guys. I really did.

I nearly got my dad to go with Lib Dem as he’s against Brexit but the lack of strong opposition has swung him back to Tory.

Jesus, that's mind-boggling Matt. 

Good luck for your elections tomorrow. I'll be watching eagerly from New Zealand (I'm a huge political nerd).

Your election reminds me of the South Park episode where they have to vote for a new school mascot but the only options are a giant douche and a turd sandwich. Would recommend a watch (it also bashes the shit out of PETA, which is always entertaining).

Anyway, I'm a firm believer in voting. Women fought hard for the right for me to vote, and there are many who still don't have that right. So make sure you vote :)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

Good luck for your elections tomorrow. I'll be watching eagerly from New Zealand (I'm a huge political nerd).

Your election reminds me of the South Park episode where they have to vote for a new school mascot but the only options are a giant douche and a turd sandwich. Would recommend a watch (it also bashes the shit out of PETA, which is always entertaining).

Anyway, I'm a firm believer in voting. Women fought hard for the right for me to vote, and there are many who still don't have that right. So make sure you vote :)

Please can we have your prime minister, would even consider sharing her! ?

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

19 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Please can we have your prime minister, would even consider sharing her! 

She's pretty great, but a major reason for that is because our Parliament isn't split so she can pass the legislation she wants.

Our right wing party is very centre-right on the political spectrum, and would sit further left than the Democratic Party in the USA. When they were in power they legalised gay marriage and their leader was agnostic. They generally vote with the government (as Jacinda's party Labour did when the other was in power).

Our gun legislation after the March 15 tragedy this year only had one vote against it. It was David Seymour, whose party ACT only has one seat. Please watch this video and laugh at him on NZ Dancing With The Stars (the one on the left). He deserves the ridicule.

Edit: If Boris tried to hug me I would kick him in the balls.

Edited by Bryanrebe
Slagging off Boris