Brexit at Glasto?

kalifire

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

hey, 'we' didn't elect Johnson. 

Yet. ;) 

My god it's scary isn't it.

Just when I think it's not possible to become any more politically disengaged, we get our very own Trump.

28 minutes ago, stuie said:

My god it's scary isn't it.

Just when I think it's not possible to become any more politically disengaged, we get our very own Trump.

At least Trump didn’t have a proven track record of being abysmally incompetent in public office before he was elected, so you could kind of understand why people were willing to naively give him the benefit of the doubt.

This buffoon, on the other hand, has spent at least the last decade evidencing over and over again what a disaster he’d be as Prime Minister, yet has still swept into Number 10 - and if it wasn’t for Michael Gove, of all people, he’d have been there for three years already. 

It’s completely baffling.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

12 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

I genuinely feel like I've woken up in a parallel universe,  where completely stupid things are acceptable 

Summer 2016 was truly a sliding doors moment.  We went down the rabbit hole that morning.

32 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

At the end of the day, he either delivers a no deal Brexit in October, in which case disaster ensues or he completely backs down - not sure how he survives either outcome, but I could be wrong 

He’s already been laying the groundwork for blaming the EU when we leave without a deal innit. Obviously completely ridiculous but you certainly wouldn’t bet against it working.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

My only hope is that he further destroys the tory party and leaves them with little hope of being reelected .... maybe too optimistic :( 

it's a mistake to place your hopes on the tory party dying - cos if they die, it's very unlikely that the sentiments they survive on will have disappeared.

There'll just be another party to take their place, and that other party might be worse.

Edited by eFestivals

4 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

He’s already been laying the groundwork for blaming the EU when we leave without a deal innit. Obviously completely ridiculous but you certainly wouldn’t bet against it working.

IDS was doing that the other day, with something like "if the EU won't re-negotiate then it's clear they wanted us out with no-deal". WTF????

These fuckers will never take responsibility. They seem to have forgotten they promised us the 'easiest deal ever'.

41 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

At the end of the day, he either delivers a no deal Brexit in October, in which case disaster ensues or he completely backs down - not sure how he survives either outcome, but I could be wrong 

I reckon an election before October is the most likely, with a Boris/Farage deal to do no-brexit as their platform, and to hope they can split the remain vote.

Which will probably work for them for all the while Corbyn remains shit.

So that's a guaranteed win for Boris. :( 

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I reckon an election before October is the most likely, with a Boris/Farage deal to do no-brexit as their platform, and to hope they can split the remain vote.

How utterly depressing.

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

That's my worry.  

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

IDS was doing that the other day, with something like "if the EU won't re-negotiate then it's clear they wanted us out with no-deal". WTF????

These fuckers will never take responsibility. They seem to have forgotten they promised us the 'easiest deal ever'.

Exactly. And while you have a press in this country which is more interested in letting Farage ramble on unchallenged on a daily basis than it is in calling the likes of him and IDS out on their bullshit, it’ll continue to work.

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Exactly. And while you have a press in this country which is more interested in letting Farage ramble on unchallenged on a daily basis than it is in calling the likes of him and IDS out on their bullshit, it’ll continue to work.

Michael Gove admits cocaine use - "Cocaine, what cocaine? He could be Prime Minister you know! What larks"

Diane Abbott drinks on a train - "BURN THE WITCH!!!!!!"

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

At least Trump didn’t have a proven track record of being abysmally incompetent in public office before he was elected, so you could kind of understand why people were willing to naively give him the benefit of the doubt.

This buffoon, on the other hand, has spent at least the last decade evidencing over and over again what a disaster he’d be as Prime Minister, yet has still swept into Number 10 - and if it wasn’t for Michael Gove, of all people, he’d have been there for three years already. 

It’s completely baffling.

Yes it is very much like the UK are playing hold my beer with the US. 

I find it amazing how many Brexit voters over here think Trump is an idiot and laugh at America for having elected him. At least the worst the Americans can do is 8 years of him. Brexit will last at least a generation. If the planet wasn't already fucked it'd be amazing to read what historians would make of this time in our history a time when facts and knowledge were seen as irrelevant. What times we live in!!

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

That would be a huge gamble and would cause a massive schism in the Tory party. They'd lose all of their seats in their centrist areas e.g. Solihull etc... to the lib dems and have to gamble on picking up more seats in the north with the Brexit party to form a government.

Edited by zero000

13 hours ago, zero000 said:

That would be a huge gamble and would cause a massive schism in the Tory party. They'd lose all of their seats in their centrist areas e.g. Solihull etc... to the lib dems and have to gamble on picking up more seats in the north with the Brexit party to form a government.

I'm thinking a deal would have Brexit Party candidates stand down in favour of a no-deal tory party - and i'm pretty sure the tories would get a majority if that happened.

48 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm thinking a deal would have Brexit Party candidates stand down in favour of a no-deal tory party - and i'm pretty sure the tories would get a majority if that happened.

That's going to happen. And, Libs/Greens and whatever Labour party turn up won't unite to stop the brexit candidate.

Ugh.

1 minute ago, hfuhruhurr said:

That's going to happen. And, Libs/Greens and whatever Labour party turn up won't unite to stop the brexit candidate.

Ugh.

yup, that's how I see it playing out unless Corbyn gets the boot sharpish. :(

After all, the no-brexit parties of Greens & LibDems can't unite with a we-want-brexit Labour Party.

20 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

I genuinely feel like I've woken up in a parallel universe,  where completely stupid things are acceptable 

I keep hoping it will be like Bobby Ewing in Dallas and all a dream

I truly think that Farage is the enemy of the conservatives now not Corbyn.

Most conservative rhetoric is hell bent on demonising Corbyn but that isn’t where the votes will go if Boris disappoints with Brexit.

I’m completely devastated with the state of the country at the moment. It is beyond depressing.

20 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m completely devastated with the state of the country at the moment. It is beyond depressing.

It really is beyond depressing.

I'm hopeful that we're watching the beginning of the end of the Tory party. 

Farage is a single issue politician - once Brexit is over (one way or another) there is no purpose of him or his party.

Then Labour will get a new credible leader and we'll all live happily ever after.

Or something like that.

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

It really is beyond depressing.

I'm hopeful that we're watching the beginning of the end of the Tory party. 

Farage is a single issue politician - once Brexit is over (one way or another) there is no purpose of him or his party.

Then Labour will get a new credible leader and we'll all live happily ever after.

Or something like that.

Without me getting too deep into EU politics. Boris is not going to pull a deal out of his ass by 31st October and he won’t opt for a no deal. 

Boris is going to delay Brexit even further and this will piss the GP off even more. 

The only way that Boris’s plan will work is via a break up of the UK.