Brexit at Glasto?

kalifire

On 4/12/2019 at 12:34 PM, Woffy said:

Speaking of those with limited understanding, what's everyone's take on the European elections (should they happen).

I missed this a bit: is taking part in the elections a condition to get the extension from the EU? Previously they said the EU would run into constitutional problems if the UK stayed longer. But I remember a hypothetical situation in which a UK GE could postpone European elections in the UK? 

I would say the UK should take part of May 22 in the elections. Otherwise it looks like some Brexiteer tactic, saying 'look, we're still in the EU put have nothing to say'. And if in some miraculous case they revoke A50, the UK has no MEPs? 

But maybe I missed something. 

2 hours ago, StupidDream said:

I missed this a bit: is taking part in the elections a condition to get the extension from the EU? Previously they said the EU would run into constitutional problems if the UK stayed longer. But I remember a hypothetical situation in which a UK GE could postpone European elections in the UK? 

I would say the UK should take part of May 22 in the elections. Otherwise it looks like some Brexiteer tactic, saying 'look, we're still in the EU put have nothing to say'. And if in some miraculous case they revoke A50, the UK has no MEPs? 

I don't think we have a choice. If we are in the EU we have to take part in the elections. Which is why they wanted to leave before that initially.

11 hours ago, StupidDream said:

Yup. But the Tories are committed to Brexit, so they clearly won’t run candidates right? Unless maybe they are not?

• 1 month later...

We are having a Brexit themed party this Sunday (called a Fete worse than Death) and I'm compiling a playlist for it.....assume I have the obvious leave/remain toons, but I'm hoping to use the eFest humour engine to suggest some more obscure/witty ones (along the lines of 'ferry cross the mersey', 'I predict a riot' or 'making plans for nigel'.......any suggestions?

8 minutes ago, timbrass said:

We are having a Brexit themed party this Sunday (called a Fete worse than Death) and I'm compiling a playlist for it.....assume I have the obvious leave/remain toons, but I'm hoping to use the eFest humour engine to suggest some more obscure/witty ones (along the lines of 'ferry cross the mersey', 'I predict a riot' or 'making plans for nigel'.......any suggestions?

Burning down the house - Tom Jones 

Everybody wants to rule the world - Tears for Fears 

Out of touch - Hall and Oates

Edited by gordong

'Should I stay or should I go' The Clash 

'Do you really want to hurt me' Culture Club.

'How will I know' Whitney Houston. 

And if the worse happens there's always Lyle Lovetts..... 'If I had a boat' ?

Edited by mashedonmud

I've posted this in the general news discussion but think it's worth repeating here.

A lot has been made of the Lib Dem surge but here are the results from the last rounds of polling by each pollster, it's worth noting only YouGov have the Lib Dems ahead of Labour and Kantar and Panelbase still have Labour within 5% of Farage, I understand frustration with Labour's Brexit position but if there is any hope of beating The Brexit Party it is Labour. Go out and vote.

polling.png

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

you cannot beat brexit with brexit. 

We all know you think Corbyn is as bad, if not worse by how much you go on about him, as Farage but I dare say the other people disagree with you.  This isn't a referendum and the only possible way of avoiding Farage Wins as the takeaway headline from this vote is to vote Labour.

• Upvote 1

Just now, mcshed said:

We all know you think Corbyn is as bad, if not worse by how much you go on about him, as Farage but I dare say the other people disagree with you.  This isn't a referendum and the only possible way of avoiding Farage Wins as the takeaway headline from this vote is to vote Labour.

How I'm choosing to vote has fuck all to do with what I think of Corbyn and everything to do with what I think of his desire for brexit.

Any 'win' will not be counted by party, but by for or against brexit.

Farage has greater credibility by giving a vote to pro-brexit Labour.