Brexit at Glasto?

kalifire

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Corbyn doesn't vote against stuff he says he opposes.

Blairites didn't vote (just the once) against austerity, and that's supposedly the worst crime ever in the eyes of the cult.

Ahh ok I thought you where talking about Brexit and couldn't see the point you where making.

I actually here more whinging about that vote from Nationalists but that's part of why there hasn't been a Corbyn surge up here, the thick simple answers idealists have already been hovered up.

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Care to say why Jez the campaigner won't campaign for that majority?

Because there a higher chance of a soft brexit /Norway succeeding, so I'd rather aim for that. Second ref has a bigger chance of passing as a last resort which even the people's vote team acknowledge.

Campaign for Norway now, pivot back to second vote if it fails or add it on to Norway if successful - that's your best chance

4 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35616946

Because, as we all know, it's the referendum which counts. (if it doesn't can we please stop brexit?)

So if you get and win a second referendum, you'll be maintaining this line of argument? 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Campaign for Norway now

Norway is almost as bad as her agreement - makes the UK a rule taker not a rule maker/participator. So not a solution.

There is only one solution for both sides - attack article 50 - the process is broken. Revoke & Reform.

5 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Norway is almost as bad as her agreement - makes the UK a rule taker not a rule maker/participator. So not a solution.

Spot on!

And if Jez was honest about his "remain and reform" campaign, why is he now happy with remain-and-can't-reform? Can he tell us all why that's such a good thing?

And if the answer is "cos people voted to leave", how come "people voted for austerity" doesn't get Blairites off the hook?

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Corbyn doesn't, why should I?

Corbyn won't even say what's he's campaigning for. Perhaps you can tell me? Is that with FoM? Is that with SM access? Is it with regulation on business subsidies? Etc, etc, etc.

Yep! He'll push for that, it won't get the numbers, then they'll move to a more straightforward Norway style agreement and then that will either scrape through or fail and then we're left with May's deal, no deal or second referendum (tagged onto May's deal to increase its chances) - even then not sure if second referendum has the numbers

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

Yep! He'll push for that, it won't get the numbers, then they'll move to a more straightforward Norway style agreement and then that will either scrape through or fail and then we're left with May's deal, no deal or second referendum (tagged onto May's deal to increase its chances) - even then not sure if second referendum has the numbers

What? You appear to have gone all vague about the plan which only you seem to know. :P 

The plan which is fuck all like what was agreed at conference, so you've said this morning. 

I know.

I was calling out Tease, who demanded proof for someone else's statement, but was quite happy to make similar proof-free claims.

Fair enough.

The reality is there is no easy solution but this is the week where Corbyn (and the rest) are going to have to grab the rose by the thorn and come out in favour of a clear option. Failure to do so would be catastrophic.

Spot on!

And if Jez was honest about his "remain and reform" campaign, why is he now happy with remain-and-can't-reform? Can he tell us all why that's such a good thing?

And if the answer is "cos people voted to leave", how come "people voted for austerity" doesn't get Blairites off the hook?

Go up to brexiteers and argue your case, see if it washes, tell them you won't accept any form of brexit, the referendum doesn't count and they're all morons and see how many you win over. 

It's not me you have to convince. I voted remain, I'd rather remain but I'd settle for Norway to try and win over 5 to 10 percent of leavers to end this. 

Your go for broke strategy might feel very liberating, but I'm not convinced it will be successful 

2 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Fair enough.

The reality is there is no easy solution but this is the week where Corbyn (and the rest) are going to have to grab the rose by the thorn and come out in favour of a clear option. Failure to do so would be catastrophic.

me, I've not needed 1000 days to decide on a clear option. How about you?

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

What? You appear to have gone all vague about the plan which only you seem to know. :P 

The plan which is fuck all like what was agreed at conference, so you've said this morning. 

Go read the conference motion yourself it's nothing like how you're presenting it. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

Go up to brexiteers and argue your case, see if it washes, tell them you won't accept any form of brexit, the referendum doesn't count and they're all morons and see how many you win over. 

If you care to check my posts here for the last 3 years, I'm not the geezer who's been saying all brexiters are morons. :rolleyes:

Corbyn is a brexiter moron, but not all brexit voters.

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

It's not me you have to convince. I voted remain, I'd rather remain but I'd settle for Norway to try and win over 5 to 10 percent of leavers to end this. 

go on then, tell me when the last time you saw a brexit voter advocating for Norway.  Or even saying "I'll accept Norway". :lol: