Brexit at Glasto?

kalifire

1 hour ago, bombfrog said:

My wife and I will be there too. I don't think the march will change anything but in 20 years time when I'm asked how I voted and what I did U want to be able to say I voted against Brexit and marched against it.

I’m marching sat too. I used to have sympathy for having to respect the referendum - but this impasse has gone on long enough.

Edited by Homer
  • Upvote 1

The worst part about this whole ordeal is that it was even put for a referendum in the first place. 

The amount of unedacted people including myself who have no idea really about economics ect getting a chance to decide the future was crazy stupid.

What a colossal waste of time, effort, recourses and money.

Edited by Xeph1995
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

This petition seems to have taken off! Seems to be about a thousand every minute.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584

https://petition-track.uk/check-petition/241584

About 310,000 now. That's roughly 50,000 since my last post. We need to get it much higher - there's a "no deal" petition that had more the other week.

The EU playing hard ball over an extension gives me hope. Have long thought the only way we can revoke Article 50 without a horrible mess is sell it as a “fuck the EU” move. They won’t give us an extension, so we revoke it and stay until we are ready to leave on our own, British time scale.

The state of Corbyn.

He'll sit down with Hamas, Hizbollah and the IRA and call them his friends.

Put him on a room with Chuka during what Corbyn' had just described as a 'national crisis' and he throws his dummy out of the pram and storms out. 

I've met more grown up 4 year olds. And people think May is bad for trying to push her deal thru. :lol: 

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The state of Corbyn.

Put him on a room with Chuka during what Corbyn' had just described as a 'national crisis' and he throws his dummy out of the pram and storms out. 

I've met more grown up 4 year olds. And people think May is bad for trying to push her deal thru. :lol: 

I noticed Paul Mason was celebrating it last night as an example of Corbyn sticking to the Westminster elite and their neoliberalism. It wasn't, it was a stupid personal vendetta getting in the way of the country's future.

I've got a lot of time for Corbyn usually but that was ridiculous last night. 

11 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I've got a lot of time for Corbyn usually but that was ridiculous last night. 

Absolutely this. Corbyn gets a lot of stick unfairly from those who will oppose him no matter what but this was so stupid. When the whole country should be focusing on May's refusal to consider other options when we're a week away from disaster instead there's this fucking side show of him storming off like a child.

34 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The state of Corbyn.

He’s an idiot. His fake moral principles always raise a smile. For me he can’t be forgiven for disappearing during the referendum campaign. We need a real leader of the opposition and all we have is a 6th form politics student who never grew up. 

14 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Corbyn gets a lot of stick unfairly from those who will oppose him no matter what but this was so stupid.

Me, I'd say the stick he gets is all part of the same thing he demonstrated last night.

That leadership is beyond his abilities.

Like when he forgot my MP was off-sick with cancer when he appointed her to a party position, and then forgot to tell her he'd replaced her when he realised she was off sick.

Like when he took a holiday during the EUref campaign.

Like 3 years of him saying he'll deal with the AS issue.

Like when he recently 'forgot' to write a letter in the way he'd agreed in Shadow Cabinet.

Like when lines go missing from his speeches.

Like when he's undermined other shadow cabinet ministers by saying something different to the agreed position.

Like when he voted against the policy of the party he leads.

Etc, etc, etc. It's a very VERY long list.

Edited by eFestivals

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Me, I'd say the stick he gets is all part of the same thing he demonstrated last night.

That leadership is beyond his abilities.

Like when he forgot my MP was off-sick with cancer when he appointed her to a party position, and then forgot to tell her he'd replaced her when he realised she was off sick.

Like when he recently 'forgot' to write a letter in the way he'd agreed in Shadow Cabinet.

Like when lines go missing from his speeches.

Like when he's undermined other shadow cabinet ministers by saying something different to the agreed position.

Like when he voted against the policy of the party he leads.

Etc, etc, etc. It's a very VERY long list.

Thing is you've mixed together genuine issues like the stuff with Debonnaire with more contentious ones like missing bits of speeches which isn't unique to Corbyn remember when Miliband missed out the entire section on the economy at conference? Or voting against policy which I assume is a reference to not supporting a second referendum last week when the campaign for a second referendum was literally saying it shouldn't be supported.

I will admit that he has competency issues, I had hoped that when he became leader the Labour machine would swing in behind him and help support him. Instead hostilities between his team and the rest of the party have been ongoing distracting and both sides share blame for this. The party is in a terrible mess it either needs to learn to work together or split. The former doesn't seem likely until Corbyn is gone and the latter would be electorally disastrous.

6 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Thing is you've mixed together genuine issues like the stuff with Debonnaire with more contentious ones like missing bits of speeches which isn't unique to Corbyn remember when Miliband missed out the entire section on the economy at conference?

others make occasional cock-ups.

Corbyn is for the many cock-ups, not the few. 

Corbyn is playing as poor a game as May - and that's unforgivable.

Throughout their existence, Labour has swung from the middle to the left and back. While on the left, they don't get elected, when they swing back into the middle, they win. For the first time, they think that the Tories are so toxic they might get a left-labour in. But, Corbyn, ugh, his brand is broken - he, and lets face it, it will be a personality contest, he is unelectable - pick one, let's go with nuclear disarmament - might be logically sane, but the public will be sold the emotional bollocks that we need it and he's sunk. It's emotions of the middle - those clowns voted for Brexit on daft emotions around "sovereignty" and other abstract nonsense. It isn't whether it's the right thing, it's whether the emotions of the middle can be moved, and for Corbyn, that'll never happen.

As far as Brexit is concerned - Corbyn will try everything to bring down the government - and at the last minute one of two things will happen - either a long extension to A50 by the EU, or we revoke it. We're not leaving, that's for sure.