Camping Equipment Provider for Foreigners

rockyloop

3 hours ago, rockyloop said:

So I was obviously mistaken, but I thought Cozy Camper and Camplight were like RENTED camping gear for festivals. So they set it up for you and then take it down so that nothing gets left behind. I'm surprised there is no such service as it seems so many people leave their stuff behind. At least with rented gear it can be re-used every year and nothing is left at the festival site. I guess it might be a sanitation thing?

Ah, you mentioned 'camping equipment providers' and many of us started discussing camping shops, when you mean providers of pre-erected tents, AKA 'glamping', like Worthy View. There are lots of them that are just off-site, though you may find a lot of them are sold out by now. A quick Google brings up this one that seems to still have space, no idea what it's like or where it is:  https://www.willowmeadows.co.uk/.

15 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Ah, you mentioned 'camping equipment providers' and many of us started discussing camping shops, when you mean providers of pre-erected tents, AKA 'glamping', like Worthy View. There are lots of them that are just off-site, though you may find a lot of them are sold out by now. A quick Google brings up this one that seems to still have space, no idea what it's like or where it is:  https://www.willowmeadows.co.uk/.

Wowzer ? these guys know how to charge. Guess it's market forces and going rate 

On 3/12/2019 at 4:39 PM, rockyloop said:

Now that Cozy Camper and Camplight are not coming back to the festival, does anyone know what the options are for people that need camping equipment provided? We're coming from Canada so it would be great to just be able to rent or have the equipment already at the site. 

I messaged Glastonbury and they said there won't be any camping equipment providers on site at the festival. Which is ridiculous. They just said hopefully we can get something in the Worthy View resale. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

If your stuck, i'd be happy to take delivery of any equipment on your behalf in advance of the festival, take to the site (we're staying at WV so we'd have the room), and then meet you on site to pass on your camping gear, just another option for you to consider. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've gone to Glastonbury 4 times now. I got my 3 person tent, sleeping bags, mattress, etc from cosy camper the first time in 2013. Picked it up at the site. I've taken everything with me back to Buenos Aires. And everything came back to Glastonbury and back, 3 more times. It's doable. 

I'd try to get whatever you need in London and take it with you on the coach. Try to get some nice deal online and pick it up when you arrive to the UK. You'll save money and time.

• Upvote 1

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 6:38 PM, gearbm95 said:

This might sound ignorant, apologize if it does...but are there camping shops located conveniently in London proper? We're flying from NY to Berlin for 4 nights then over to London on Monday and leaving for Glasto on Wed. We're only bringing our backpacks with us from the US, so we'll need to purchase at minimum a tent, couple inflatable pillows, and a blanket or two.

A couple of stops on the jubilee line from central London and you will find Decathlon https://www.decathlon.co.uk/en/stores/sport-store-decathlon-london-surrey-quays-MS_0070024000240.html for all your camping accessory needs :) 

On 3/18/2019 at 5:21 PM, wend1980 said:

A couple of stops on the jubilee line from central London and you will find Decathlon https://www.decathlon.co.uk/en/stores/sport-store-decathlon-london-surrey-quays-MS_0070024000240.html for all your camping accessory needs :) 

That would probably be your best value option. Their Fresh & Black tents are perfect for all the hot sunshine we will be having.

On 3/12/2019 at 6:38 PM, gearbm95 said:

This might sound ignorant, apologize if it does...but are there camping shops located conveniently in London proper? We're flying from NY to Berlin for 4 nights then over to London on Monday and leaving for Glasto on Wed. We're only bringing our backpacks with us from the US, so we'll need to purchase at minimum a tent, couple inflatable pillows, and a blanket or two.

Whatever tent you choose make sure it is big enough for you and all your gear. As a rule of thumb I would advise doubling the sleeping capacity as find a 2 person tent is just big enough for 1 with their rucksack.