Emily. Robdabank. Podcast. Wednesday

marathonsteve

So what's the point of this podcast series then?   What's RDB's angle, if he's not actually working with Glastonbury after all?

Sorry, if this is obvious after listening but I can't listen at the moment!

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

He's doing a festival podcast, where he interviews people about festivals.

It's literally as simple as that? 

It seems an odd thing to do when his festival company has just failed and people didn't get paid.  I'd maybe have expected him to keep a lower profile.

2 minutes ago, stu_kent said:

It's literally as simple as that? 

It seems an odd thing to do when his festival company has just failed and people didn't get paid.  I'd maybe have expected him to keep a lower profile.

I think so, yeah.  I believe Camp Bestival is still going, so perhaps it's part of a charm offensive to keep the Bestival brand associated with positive things.

24 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I’ve never heard the fella’s music, but I got to say, I enjoyed the George Ezra/Emily Eavis podcast more. I didn’t warm to RdB.

I agree I thought this one repeated some of the same info.

At some points in both podcasts I felt the interviewers made it about themselves. Several times I thought: SHUT UP ALREADY AND LET HER ANSWER. They both asked waffling questions and paraphrased the same idea for ages instead letting her respond.  

Or maybe I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

29 minutes ago, karaseen said:

I agree I thought this one repeated some of the same info.

At some points in both podcasts I felt the interviewers made it about themselves. Several times I thought: SHUT UP ALREADY AND LET HER ANSWER. They both asked waffling questions and paraphrased the same idea for ages instead letting her respond.  

Or maybe I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

I'm listening to the Ezra podcast now and to be fair, it's Emily that keeping talking about him.  He's happy to answer her questions at length, but it's not him that changes the subject most of the time.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm listening to the Ezra podcast now and to be fair, it's Emily that keeping talking about him.  He's happy to answer her questions at length, but it's not him that changes the subject most of the time.

This is true, and its one of the endearing things about her. She seemed genuinely interested in others perceptions of the festival and their experiences. There were just a few moments of cringeworthiness for me.  I suppose this is to be expected with new podcasts.  And maybe I need to not be such a grump.