Disclosure 2016 Other Stage Headline Set??

Olliee

Can anybody give me a link or download location where I can watch the whole of Disclosure's 2016 headline set on the Other Stage??

I have been looking for it for ageees but I can only find an audio file of the set.. I swear the BBC recorded it and it was once available on iplayer at one point, so surely it's online somewhere or somebody has access to it?

Thank you!

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Can I recommend that you save yourself the disappointment and don't bother? It remains the only act that I've fallen asleep at while standing up.

Haha, i concur. We went along, lasted about 10 mins before we headed off again, looked a complete bore fest.

I've had a quick search on the torrent sites and couldn't find anything.  Looks like you're going to have to make do with the audio rip of it!

I feel your pain though, I've been desperate to find a recording of Massive Attack's set in 2014.  At the time  I was convinced that it was the most perfect set that had me in tears through its raw beauty.  However, due to legal issues, this set was never shown on the iplayer so I can only rely on my memory (which is unreliable at the best of times).

I will never know for certain just how good the set was but in a way, I'm fine with that.  It keeps that memory all the more special

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

I've had a quick search on the torrent sites and couldn't find anything.  Looks like you're going to have to make do with the audio rip of it!

I feel your pain though, I've been desperate to find a recording of Massive Attack's set in 2014.  At the time  I was convinced that it was the most perfect set that had me in tears through its raw beauty.  However, due to legal issues, this set was never shown on the iplayer so I can only rely on my memory (which is unreliable at the best of times).

I will never know for certain just how good the set was but in a way, I'm fine with that.  It keeps that memory all the more special

They were indeed sublime that night, it was a proper moment. 

I generally avoid going back to sets I enjoyed live as they invariably fail to capture the magic.  Case in point was St Etienne on the Park.  Loved it live, sounded like absolute garbage on telly.

Although I refer back to my earlier comment about cider and rum...

1 minute ago, Quark said:

I generally avoid going back to sets I enjoyed live as they invariably fail to capture the magic.  Case in point was St Etienne on the Park.  Loved it live, sounded like absolute garbage on telly.

While I  mostly agree, I will make exceptions for Chic's 2013 set and Kate Tempest's set in '17.  The directors/editors managed to do a very good job of bottling that magic, ready to be uncorked when it's needed most. But yeah, generally I try to avoid revisiting sets unless I was in so much of a state that I can't recall seeing the band in the first place.

10 minutes ago, Giraffe Man said:

They were indeed sublime that night, it was a proper moment. 

Ah good.  All I remember was being left  stunned. My friend, who is notoriously loud and outspoken was rendered completely speechless for  a good hour, which had never happened before (or since).  It's good to know that I wasn't alone in that experience

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Quark said:

2017 seemed to have loads of rewatchable sets. The Friday triple whammy of Kate Tempest, The xx and Radiohead are all really good to view at home.

Barry Gibb, not so much. His falsetto sounded great in the field. Back home, just like Orville, as I'd expected before the festival.

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

2017 seemed to have loads of rewatchable sets. The Friday triple whammy of Kate Tempest, The xx and Radiohead are all really good to view at home.

It’s the narrative thread from Kate Tempest that makes that set so watchable. It’s brilliant. She’s brilliant. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Quark said:

Can I recommend that you save yourself the disappointment and don't bother? It remains the only act that I've fallen asleep at while standing up.

To be fair, I'm a huge Disclosure fan and loved them on West Holts but I left after 10 minutes too.

They'd just released Caracal which was a turd compared to Settle and they seemed to like doing the slow stuff. I thought about hanging around for the bangers but just wasn't feeling it.

On 3/12/2019 at 8:07 PM, anditmakesmesmile said:

Their 2014 West Holt’s performance was fantastic. Was that because it was a newer sound? Maybe it was more of its time. Presumably they have a new album out this year? They’ve just announced a US tour. I’m really intrigued to see if they’ve moved their sound forward. 

I agree as well. Plan was to see Massive Attack but Sunday night I fancied a good dance and it was perfect for me, great atmosphere.

Thought Caracal was a big step down from the banger packed Settle possibly why '16 was worse than '14.