Hip-Hop/Grime at Glasto 2019

jackmerton

2 minutes ago, Bza said:

Nice one, cheers. Will try and keep this updated as more come out.

• Bugzy Malone
  • Charlie Sloth
  • Denzel Curry
  • DJ Vadim
  • Kate Tempest
  • Lauryn Hill
  • Lady Leshurr
  • Little Simz
  • Lizzo
  • Loyle Carner
  • Lowkey
  • Ocean Wisdom
  • Slowthai
  • Stefflon Don
  • Stormzy
  • The Last Skeptic
  • The Nextmen vs Gentlemans Dub Club (sounds like this will be more reggae/dub than what The Nextmen used to do)
  • The Streets
  • Too Many T's
  • UK Beatbox Champs Special
  • Wu Tang
  • Young T & Bugsey

Scarlxrd was announced yesterday as well

15 minutes ago, Bza said:

I was at Beat Hotel (I think) few years ago where I ended up dancing to Cypress Hill with Marcus Brigstock. He had some moves. 

Fun fact Brigstock used to be a podium dancer at Ministry of sound so I'd hope he could still throw shapes 

As for hip hop and grime you've already got them on the list but I can't stress enough how good the new Little Simz album is, took me a couple of spins to get into it but it's fantastic 

1 hour ago, Bza said:

I've come across djs spinning some but it's always been a bit of a fluke or just a certain section of their set. I've never known an area where I can go and get guaranteed hip hop but would love some tips. 

I was at Beat Hotel (I think) few years ago where I ended up dancing to Cypress Hill with Marcus Brigstock. He had some moves. 

Hoping for a Yoda spot somewhere as his tour dates are free for Glastonbury. He's one of those acts that I never miss if he's playing.

Yeah it really feels underrepresented, even if it was just one of the marketplace bars or something. There must be a Bristol based hip hop night that could host an evening somewhere.

1 hour ago, elbongo said:

(Unless already mentioned (And definitely should have!!)).

Monster Florence ???

Possibly bbc introducing. But somewhere in that areas.

Thanks me later ?

Nice! Just added to my Spotify.. will have to check them out on the farm!

17 hours ago, bombfrog said:

Has anyone mentioned when Lupe Fiasco played about 10 years ago on West Holts (was probably Jazz World)? He absolutely killed it.

I'd love to see CASISDEAD announced but seems unlikely now. Surprised Ocatavian isn't playing, same with Theophilus London.

I was there, he was awesome. It was the year of the Hove controversy and he gave a speech at the end about how hip hop deserved headline status. I think we got him at his peak.

Off to see Oddisee tonight, missed him last time he played G.

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I can’t find it anywhere.

Is Denzel Curry really only doing 30 mins in the S.E corner on Thursday night, or is he expected to perform elsewhere and I’ve missed it?

Seems mental to book someone of his current standing, get him over from the US and then restrict him to half an hour.

4 hours ago, ConorC said:

Is Denzel Curry really only doing 30 mins in the S.E corner on Thursday night, or is he expected to perform elsewhere and I’ve missed it?

Seems mental to book someone of his current standing, get him over from the US and then restrict him to half an hour.

I feel the same way, also on a pretty small stage?

I guess he has blown up since he was booked?

5 hours ago, ConorC said:

Been saying the same thing. He's a lot bigger internationally than Stormzy yet he's only doing 30 mins on a small stage.

Going to be a cracking 30 minutes though, I can't wait.