Getting to Bristol Airport on Monday

OffshoreToon

• 4 weeks later...

Heya. I’d get the Bristol shuttle bus from the site. Intend to do this and get to the bus stop for about 7:30am. It varies when it leaves but usually by 9-9:30am at the latest. That will take you to Temple Meads train station for about 10:30 at the latest and from there get the Airport Shuttle bus which is every 10 mins and take about 20mins.

On 4/3/2019 at 2:02 PM, Tartan_Glasto said:

Heya. I’d get the Bristol shuttle bus from the site. Intend to do this and get to the bus stop for about 7:30am. It varies when it leaves but usually by 9-9:30am at the latest. That will take you to Temple Meads train station for about 10:30 at the latest and from there get the Airport Shuttle bus which is every 10 mins and take about 20mins.

Does the shuttle bus just leave when it's full then? My friend is leaving the site on Sunday, to try to get the last train from Temple Meads to Sheffield at 8.30pm. Apparently there's one at 4pm and one at 6pm, but she wondered how likely it is that she would be able to get on the coach of choice. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Gabi_says said:

There's a National Express service from the festival to the airport, direct on some specific times (£39 return)

https://www.nationalexpress.com/en/events/glastonbury

Do you happen to know how reliable the national express services are on the Sunday?

We're basically trying to work out which is the best option - obviously she wants to leave as late as possible!

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Does the shuttle bus just leave when it's full then? My friend is leaving the site on Sunday, to try to get the last train from Temple Meads to Sheffield at 8.30pm. Apparently there's one at 4pm and one at 6pm, but she wondered how likely it is that she would be able to get on the coach of choice. Thoughts?

On the Monday morning it tends just to leave when full as I imagine they are just wanting to get people off-site. Maybe on the Sunday it's quieter and they are able to stick to more of a timetable. That's just a guess though, I only have experience of getting the shuttle on the Monday morning.

17 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Do you happen to know how reliable the national express services are on the Sunday?

We're basically trying to work out which is the best option - obviously she wants to leave as late as possible!

I have no idea, but I'm counting it'll be reliable enough to make my 13:45 flight. I booked the 10am bus and I'm starting to think I should change to the 7am ... 

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 2:02 PM, Tartan_Glasto said:

Thanks for this info, does this need to be booked in advance?  Do you know if there are several?  I'm not arriving by National Express, so don't really want to book a return journey National Express coach - this shuttle bus sounds like a better option.