If I won the lottery

morph100

On 2/11/2022 at 8:49 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I agree with you. I have ddne p more houses than I care to think about. Some of them purely for financial gain. Not one of them was a home. Now I have my home. I wouldn't swop it for a mansion, penthouse, or any other similarly extravagantly priced property.

Yes for me I wanted an area that I felt safe walking around and a house where I felt I had the space I needed. We probably could have gotten a much smaller house in a much better area and no doubt it would have gone up in price more than ours had but it would have been tiny and not fit all our things in. Like most things in life it's a balancing act. 

10 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes for me I wanted an area that I felt safe walking around and a house where I felt I had the space I needed. We probably could have gotten a much smaller house in a much better area and no doubt it would have gone up in price more than ours had but it would have been tiny and not fit all our things in. Like most things in life it's a balancing act. 

Yes, safety is a big concern. Before I moved here my wife and I lived in a rented flat (until I eventually sold my own empty house). We lived in the flat because it was part of a shop that my wife ran. The area was rough. Within one year we had about 8 break in's to the shop, and flat. That was it for my wife. The minute we sold my house we moved here. When we got here I bought the local newspaper and the front page was wholly given over to the fact that it was some young woman's 18th birthday. I mean, that indicates how much they were struggling for news of any kind ie. it wasn't all on about burglaries, robberies etc

On 2/11/2022 at 12:40 PM, gigpusher said:

Yep different personality types. I prefer listening to my own music than a lot of the inane chatter. I like getting my housework done on breaks so I have less to do on weekends and can go out and enjoy myself. As I say my ideal would be 1 or 2 days in an office and the rest at home but my boss works in Barcelona and the teams I interact with for work are all over the world so if I did go into an office I wouldn't be with colleagues any way. Homeworking doesn't suit everyone but on days when I am quiet like today I'm so glad I don't have to spend my day pretending to look busy and can actually get some stuff done around the house (or spend too much time on eFestivals) When it's busy it can be a pain as you are never away from work but at least I don't have to stay in an office to get something done and I can fit it around my life. Often I will take the dogs for a walk, make dinner and then go back to work rather than having to work until 7 or 8 at night and then do the home stuff. 

I'm allowed to listen to music at work with my airpods in so I usually go for that option and take them out now and again to chat to people if I want/need to. 🙂 

• 2 months later...

Three houses for sale in North Wootton at the moment, but not close enough for village tickets. 
Mind you, if you can afford this one then affording hospitality tickets isn’t going to be an issue… 

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/61188239?utm_source=v1:5bWFDybfWx7C7AGpeagt7mP3PgcqjuqJ&utm_medium=api

57 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Three houses for sale in North Wootton at the moment, but not close enough for village tickets. 
Mind you, if you can afford this one then affording hospitality tickets isn’t going to be an issue… 

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/61188239?utm_source=v1:5bWFDybfWx7C7AGpeagt7mP3PgcqjuqJ&utm_medium=api

That is one ugly extention!

23 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

You clean your bath? By doing something other than washing yourself in it? 

I actually cleaned my bath the other day, despite having those same reservations (its only used when theres water and bubbles in it ffs, how can it not be clean?!) but afterwards, it was actually blissful. I look forward to dirtying it again, so i can clean it and make it lovely again 😅

34 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

You clean your bath? By doing something other than washing yourself in it? 

We are those lowly lot that have a shower in the bath as there is no room otherwise.  Anyone over 6ft must adopt the stress position to stand under the shower head, because of our very low ceilings. Hence why my 6ft 4" son calls it a hobbit house. 

6 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

We are those lowly lot that have a shower in the bath as there is no room otherwise.  Anyone over 6ft must adopt the stress position to stand under the shower head, because of our very low ceilings. Hence why my 6ft 4" son calls it a hobbit house. 

We also have the shower in the bath. I think it only got used as a bath twice a year prior to Baby B’s arrival. 

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

If it doesn't come with tickets I'm out 😄