If I won the lottery

morph100

On 8/13/2020 at 11:37 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Euromillions is something daft like £70m tomorrow.

If I were to win I’d donate a million of that to the festival to help keep them afloat for the year ahead.

With that kind of money one thing I’d do is set up a charitable trust (among others) that funds 4 hospitality tickets each year for members of the eFests resale club who miss out in April. 

I do win premium bonds most months ... perhaps I ought to try the lottery .... although in the past I have won the golden tickets through western daily press ... and an option to buy them ... so I’m fairly lucky ... let’s hope that luck is forthcoming in the resale whenever it might be ... 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I do win premium bonds most months ... perhaps I ought to try the lottery .... although in the past I have won the golden tickets through western daily press ... and an option to buy them ... so I’m fairly lucky ... let’s hope that luck is forthcoming in the resale whenever it might be ... 

4 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Not lottery connected, but I did once win a £3.5K garden table. I immediately sold it on ebay for £600 as we were skint at the time.

Well you're both more lucky than me! I never win anything! Not even a teddy at the seaside. Them grabbing machines are fixed! (For me at least, I saw about 8 other people win on them..)

6 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Well you're both more lucky than me! I never win anything! Not even a teddy at the seaside. Them grabbing machines are fixed! (For me at least, I saw about 8 other people win on them..)

Were you hanging around waiting to check the machines weren’t fixed :) 

23 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I once entered a competition which had the top prize of a car, and a runner up prize of a years supply of the tea from the tea company that was running the prize. The competition asked you to describe what happened to you when you drank their tea. Now, I was in a playful mood that day, so I filled out the form and indicated that their tea made me feel like vomiting. Imagine my surprise when I won the second place prize of a year's worth of tea. I think that that was touche to them.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I once entered a competition which had the top prize of a car, and a runner up prize of a years supply of the tea from the tea company that was running the prize. The competition asked you to describe what happened to you when you drank their tea. Now, I was in a playful mood that day, so I filled out the form and indicated that their tea made me feel like vomiting. Imagine my surprise when I won the second place prize of a year's worth of tea. I think that that was touche to them.

I would imagine they thought it was Pukka :) 

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I would imagine they thought it was Pukka :) 

I think the logic behind them awarding me a years supply of their tea was that I would be violently ill for a year. A sort of payback for me besmirching their brand and quality of tea. The prize came in voucher form and I gave all the vouchers to my brother and a mate whose house my brother was living in at the time. They were both skint, so well happy to have a free tea supply. In those days I only drank Sainsbury's Gold tea.

About 20 years ago I went to see a nme feature at cineworld in Sheffield, I lived in Lincoln and it was sponsored by a beer company, Stella I think it was. There was only about 20 people in the cinema and they had put cans and popcorn on all the seats. Me and my friend grabbed some extras off the spare seats then the staff came and took away the others. At the end of the programme there was a prize draw. First prize was a years free entry for 2 to cineworld, which I won. Being in Lincoln it was pretty worthless to me though. Second prize was a years supply of Stella, 1 can per day. I offered to swap with second place but they were having none of it. So you could say I was lucky but unlucky at the same time

For anyone wondering what it feels like to win the lottery just remember how it feels at around 9 15 on a Sunday morning in early October when you get through to the Glasto booking page, put in your details and get that precious order confirmation and booking number! That’s my idea of winning the jackpot! 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

For anyone wondering what it feels like to win the lottery just remember how it feels at around 9 15 on a Sunday morning in early October when you get through to the Glasto booking page, put in your details and get that precious order confirmation and booking number! That’s my idea of winning the jackpot! 

But with the added bonus of saying fuck it I will fly to the Seychelles next week. Instead of going into work

• Upvote 1