If I won the lottery

morph100

Nice one morph100. It doesn't get more cosmic than that - unless you are on acid, mushrooms or some such. I tip my hat to the people who organised and pulled off that. Truly spectacular.

It's a little odd, to me anyway, that you should post such a thing. the reason I say this is that I have always harboured a desire from my first Glastonbury onward's that they should get the largest, most strongest, lighting systems that are available to mankind, point them towards the sky and sync it so that all music systems throughout the whole festival play this - obviously all at the same time;

There, I've said it. I can't recall ever telling anyone that before. That said, if I have, it'll have been on this site only. Lest the men / women in their white coats with their big catchy net thing scoop me up and put me in to one of their mental institution type thingies. No need for that, as this white padded wall room will do me just nicely. Oh hold on a minute.....

• Upvote 1

I forgot to say - thanks morph100, as that piece of sound / footage has cheered me up no end.

As to myself (and my wife), if we ever won big on the lottery, we'd keep a little bit, give our family and friends some, and then we really would give it away to deserving causes. There's no doubt about that. Neither of us want or need a mansion, a Rolls Royce/ Ferrari , floating gin palace, second or third home etc. 

The above said, i wouldn't give it to a charity where the CEO earns hundreds of thousands either. It would be grass root level stuff.

• Upvote 1

If it's a Glastonbury related expenditure, it would be renting the upstairs of one of the farmhouses in the middle of the site (someone on here posted a booking page for it previously). Cost like £20k a night for max 6 people (I think) over the festival but imagining waking from your bed, having a shower, opening the curtains and seeing the madness all around you.

I'm sure some performers in campervans etc. have the same experience but would still be pretty cool.

12 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I would also buy a house in Pilton. I have it saved as a search in Right Move just in case. 

Ten properties within 1/4 mile of Pilton currently for sale, they've all got to get free tickets, plus you can walk home for sleep and shower.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Ten properties within 1/4 mile of Pilton currently for sale, they've all got to get free tickets, plus you can walk home for sleep and shower.

I know. I'd be so happy with any of them. It would definitely be in place by October. 

I'd purchase a million battery operated plastic illuminated wrist bands. These would be used to bribe people to come and see me. I'd then ask the recipients of these bracelets to randomly discard them in Chris Martin's assorted gardens.?

Edited by mashedonmud

The lot of it on a 2 week Glastonbury Festival. Should be plenty to get acts, keep the farmers happy and keep prices the same. Could arrange a ticket swap system for 1 week in if people wanna tap out. Nick Cave would probably headline a few nights as well.

Might even have enough to get a wispa gold as well.

3 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

I've just sent the link to ME and EE. Maybe, just maybe 2020?

Just had a reply from Aoife who seems to deal with ME's email account..... 

"Wow – this is incredible. I know we have lots of features we’re already working on for this year, so may not have the capacity for this – but thank you for passing this on, I’ve never seen anything like that before!

Regards,

Aoife Dick"