Shelter Glastonbury

marathonsteve

loads i can add to this, dont have lots of time but been volunteering a long time, wbc and now avalon ..

95 percent good experience, knowing how to handle any difficulties without being a dick helps.  i could add that i usually get time to see a band if its the one band i want to see all weeekend, but thats not always possible due to bar demands.. bar managers, its a lottery.. but remember they get some people taking the piss, skiving, etc so it can be difficult... all in all its a good experience and one that i look forward to repeating..... theres other ways of getting perks, just be nice, dont be a dick, help out your colleauges and have a bloody good time.. but yes will get your shifts on the coach. its always a good exciting time, and if your missing someone .. you ll see plenty of others...

been a while glasto worker, ill try get to say hello this year if i get the chance :) good to see your still making it down there fella :)

I *think* I'm in, it crashed so didn't get confirmation screen but I got the email so fingers crossed. There's nohting we can log in to or do at the moment, waiting on more info from email?

Didn't look into it too much because didn't want to get my hopes up (but was up for poor crew/ateraid toilets so will do whatever is required). Had a quick read here but has anyone found/done a list of all the bars they cover? Have read on here glade, stonebrudge,  acoustic and guest bar, presumably all in Avalon. I'd be really happy with any of those.

To bw honest I am absolutely over the moon, I love working behind a bar anyway, if I can hear any sort of entertainment and be in the thick of Glastonbutry

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 11:02 PM, waltere said:

@stuie in previous years it's been:

Stonebridge

Park bar

Cockmill

West Holts

Meeting Place

Bar on the Green

Glade

Taphouse (was new for 2019)

A few smaller tents which had previously been for craft cider but last year were rebranded as BrewBar.

Might be a couple of others I'm forgetting but that's the core of the list

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 11:06 PM, sinhala said:

I think this was last year's setup ...

Shelter Bars.jpg

These were posted for me the other day @DJL

38 minutes ago, DJL said:

...Have read on here glade, stonebrudge,  acoustic and guest bar, presumably all in Avalon. I'd be really happy with any of those.

To bw honest I am absolutely over the moon, I love working behind a bar anyway, if I can hear any sort of entertainment and be in the thick of Glastonbutry

The Field of Avalon and Avalon the beer people are two separate things.

I see this confuse people every year.

Hi all

I got through today paid my deposit and had an automated reply to say you are a volunteer we will be in touch. Does this mean I have secured a spot then?

I have emailed back asking a few questions such as:

Are there possibilities for us to not travel by coach if we live close to Glastonbury? i.e. make our own way to avoid travelling to London etc for a coach?

Are there restrictions on a size tent we can bring? 

Do they offer online training as seems only London or Sheffield are where the training sessions are? 

I also have a few medical conditions nothing that prevents me from volunteering mainly just medications I will need to bring onsite so wondered who I'd disclose that to. I am waiting to hear now.

I saw in this forum there is a Shelter Facebook Group I cannot seem to find it anyone know what it is called?

If anyone knows the answers to this would be great.

Thanks

Kat 

9 minutes ago, Kats1891 said:

I spoke too soon just had an email saying due to a technical error we took your money but not secured a space anyone else had this issue gutted as my friend got a spot too 

Wow. That is harsh.

I would reply asking (nicely) to be prioritised for any drop out places after getting your hopes up like that.

5 hours ago, DJL said:

I *think* I'm in, it crashed so didn't get confirmation screen but I got the email so fingers crossed. There's nohting we can log in to or do at the moment, waiting on more info from email?

Didn't look into it too much because didn't want to get my hopes up (but was up for poor crew/ateraid toilets so will do whatever is required). Had a quick read here but has anyone found/done a list of all the bars they cover? Have read on here glade, stonebrudge,  acoustic and guest bar, presumably all in Avalon. I'd be really happy with any of those.

Hey are you def in? I did mine at 10 am got a confirmation screen money taken and then now an email at 4pm saying technical error meant we over subscribed places?

Mine was a bit different in that they told me they had no record of me previously registering so were withdrawing my offer but to get in touch if this was a mistake and I was pre-registered.  I have told them and sent them the email they sent me at 10 to say registration was live (which shows my email address) so hope they'll give me my place back!

But what a cock up for everyone to be told they were successful and then be told they weren't.

3 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Mine was a bit different in that they told me they had no record of me previously registering so were withdrawing my offer but to get in touch if this was a mistake and I was pre-registered.  I have told them and sent them the email they sent me at 10 to say registration was live (which shows my email address) so hope they'll give me my place back!

But what a cock up for everyone to be told they were successful and then be told they weren't.

Shameful. They should honour this as there are bound to be dropouts

On 2/19/2020 at 6:29 PM, garc1a said:

loads i can add to this, dont have lots of time but been volunteering a long time, wbc and now avalon ..

95 percent good experience, knowing how to handle any difficulties without being a dick helps.  i could add that i usually get time to see a band if its the one band i want to see all weeekend, but thats not always possible due to bar demands.. bar managers, its a lottery.. but remember they get some people taking the piss, skiving, etc so it can be difficult... all in all its a good experience and one that i look forward to repeating..... theres other ways of getting perks, just be nice, dont be a dick, help out your colleauges and have a bloody good time.. but yes will get your shifts on the coach. its always a good exciting time, and if your missing someone .. you ll see plenty of others...

been a while glasto worker, ill try get to say hello this year if i get the chance :) good to see your still making it down there fella :)

Hi there Mate - I have sent you a PM so send me a text as its a new phone -

46896128.thumb.jpg.b34f0d83ee2d9662badfafb4002eac79.jpg

Edited by glasto-worker

1 hour ago, marathonsteve said:

Was that 

IMG_0147.jpg

well spotted - that was the Tuesday - busy old place but we got diverted as we had more of the Team arriving so we went back to help them and then started working Tuesday night as the WBC Crew Bar was busy. Did get back there another day when the observation platform was less busy.

sky high prices but a interesting bar.

CREW-BAR.thumb.jpg.abe58c694aa0a259d622dfe018840df7.jpg

8 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

well spotted - that was the Tuesday - busy old place but we got diverted as we had more of the Team arriving so we went back to help them and then started working Tuesday night as the WBC Crew Bar was busy. Did get back there another day when the observation platform was less busy.

sky high prices but a interesting bar.

CREW-BAR.thumb.jpg.abe58c694aa0a259d622dfe018840df7.jpg

We normally go there every day when we are on site. Our favourite crew bar by a mile . The others are interesting as well though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
4 hours ago, little-smithy said:

Greetings, is the voluntary website for Shelter Glastonbury 2023 available yet? Thanks 

As a general rule of thumb, most organisations that recruit volunteers from the public will open up somewhere in January to March - so definitely sign up to be notified now but start looking "properly" in the new year.

1 hour ago, incident said:

As a general rule of thumb, most organisations that recruit volunteers from the public will open up somewhere in January to March - so definitely sign up to be notified now but start looking "properly" in the new year.

Defo usually march for shelter, we don't usually get the email til the end of the month for the rollover of staff. 

• 2 months later...