pop up taking over page

Spacey

when I try to look at line ups and rumours I get a pop up from EE telling me I’ve won something and it takes over the page and I can’t get back to e festivals site. I have to close it down to get rid of it.  Don’t think it’s one of the proper ads as it stops me doing anything. 

This has happened quite a lot in the last few days. Is it affecting anyone else?

the ad house is having problems tracking this down - so could anyone who is affected please provide the following details? Thanks.

operating system (android / windows / etc)?

web browser (Firefox, Edge, IE, Chrome, Safari, etc)?

connection type (mobile data or wifi)?

were you being affected by the bad ad on forum pages, the rest of the site, or on both parts of the website?

Just now, eFestivals said:

the ad house is having problems tracking this down - so could anyone who is affected please provide the following details? Thanks.

were you being affected by the bad ad on forum pages, the rest of the site, or on both parts of the website?

I’ve been getting it too, on iOS, chrome and mobile data 

On 3/10/2019 at 9:01 AM, Spacey said:

when I try to look at line ups and rumours I get a pop up from EE telling me I’ve won something and it takes over the page and I can’t get back to e festivals site. I have to close it down to get rid of it.  Don’t think it’s one of the proper ads as it stops me doing anything. 

This has happened quite a lot in the last few days. Is it affecting anyone else?

A very long shot but just in case...

I had the same thing last week, not on the eFestivals site, but on Autotrader (cars gone bang :(). I would get a regular full page popup for BT saying I had won,   had no 'X' to close and redirected me to another site and closing it down was the only option to get rid of it.

After a bit of looking around I found a lot of extra gubbins in the URL which shouldn't have been there. I cleared the browser cache entries for Autotrader and made sure I manually typed in the correct site URL for the first visit and the problem was gone.

Like I say, its a long shot but might be worth checking in case. 

Edit: This was on an ipad running ios 11 and chrome.

Edited by DarrenVonBoathook

On 3/12/2019 at 10:36 AM, eFestivals said:

Sorry for delay in answering, not been on site much. I am on an apple iPad on Safari on Wi-fi. Affected on forum and line ups and rumours. Haven’t really looked at other areas.  Thought it had stopped but just happened again but with a Google advert instead of EE.

19 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Forum's near enough inaccessible for me today. Just about beating the pop ups to make this comment -.-

Me too. Impossible to spend longer than 1 second on any page before I'm redirected to a spam website. Had to log in on my work PC to post this.

Android - chrome - wifi.