What 'sums up Glastonbury' for you?

Heartbreaker

Glastonbury for me takes the things from everyday life that I need to stay sane and culls the rest of the sh!t. It gives me music, friendly like-minded folk, laughter, freedom and no judgement with regards to clothes, age, music tastes etc – it lets me be me. 
I don't have a ticket this year (yet!) and I'm going to miss my very selfish five days of freedom from an otherwise crazy and sometimes disturbing world. 

20 hours ago, H.M.V said:

The worst moment ever at Glastonbury was waking up to that wave of "no fucking way" in 2016. That mud just seemed to fit that year. 

Gahd....you and me both :'-( What a bloody downer. James opening on Other played a blinder though, they just 'got' how everyone felt - really emotional set. When I say 'everyone', I mean everyone apart from the 3 middle-aged men camped near us, who were delighted. 

• Like 1

There’s something in the air for me at the place. Everyone’s on the same page for a few days out of the year regardless of profession or social status or background/heritage. 

Youre just walking around a huge farm turned festival intoxicated with alcohol and whichever other preferences you may choose to involve yourself in. Everyone’s spirits are high, everyone is there for the same reason.

Its the sort of nothing segments that make it special for me. Being at Arcadia in the evening before the sun goes down, flags waving in the wind, everyone raving and fussing about their choice of headliners. Stone circle for the sun rise on the Monday morning whilst everyone’s seeing the festival come to an end, yet sad and a reality check, also an impeccable way for me to close out the festival with everyone you care about with their feet up just chatting about the previous 5 days. Discovering funky smaller stages and tents and having a good laugh and dance to Indian themed raves. 

Just walking around the site with close friends and family with not a care in the world, seeing some of the best artists in the world and finally feeling at ease for several days out of the year.

The Glastonbury spirit for me.

• Upvote 1

It's the Wednesday & Thursday - being as daft as possible with friends - no schedule, meeting and chatting to loads of people. Drinking daft concoctions, seeing acts like Mik Artistik and being utterly and totally relaxed.

On the main days it changes to be more like other festivals - music and after hours. By Saturday night I'm missing my other brain a lot and really wish she was there!