Overseas ticket delivery

The other Bellboy

I've been oversea's quite a few times when getting tickets but never needed to get the tickets delivered there, this year i am faced with that problem.

I have seen a few posts about people having issues with late delivery of tickets to non UK addresses.

Having seen and experienced that SEE or GFL can make a complete f!#k up of even delivering tickets on time to the UK i've decided to get them delivered to a friends house in the UK for safety.

I wondered what is the actual process for overseas ticket delivery - do they aim to prioiritise them? Do they give you an option of collecting on site and of course i would like to hear people's experiences of ticket delivery delays, the issues caused and the steps people took to get themselves sorted.

About 12 week to go - bloody hell! :)

I got mine delivered in Canada in 2017... I just checked and I had them in hand on June 5. I think they mus prioritize internationally shipped tickets. I think if you never end up receiving them you can then pick them up at the festival. I'll be shipping them to the UK this year also just because it removes the stress of travelling with them. 

2 hours ago, Calvin Klein said:

I never got them delivered here. Too risky for me. Always sent them to a friend living in London or got coach tickets. Last time I collected them from the international box office at the festival. PGA I think. No queue at all.

So how does the collection from Gate A work? Do you have to print off an email to show to everyone as you go along the restricted routes? How did you get to the festival, Car, campervan etc? would be keen to know how it all works just in case we need it. Cheers

1 hour ago, MetaKate said:

I got mine delivered in Canada in 2017... I just checked and I had them in hand on June 5. I think they mus prioritize internationally shipped tickets. I think if you never end up receiving them you can then pick them up at the festival. I'll be shipping them to the UK this year also just because it removes the stress of travelling with them. 

That was nice and early! I'm sure i remember reading about from either Canada or the US who was getting really worried as their tickets hadn't arrived a week before the festival. i guess most people will start their trips in the last week before the festival?

18 minutes ago, The other Bellboy said:

So how does the collection from Gate A work? Do you have to print off an email to show to everyone as you go along the restricted routes? How did you get to the festival, Car, campervan etc? would be keen to know how it all works just in case we need it. Cheers

I'm not 100% sure. But from what I remember, I just had my order printed and my ID. I took a cab from Glastonbury town as I was expecting to take the bus from there but I got tired of waiting under the sun and we shared a cab with a couple of american kids. I had nobody stop me before I got there. It was much easier than I expected.

I don't know how it would work if you are arriving in your own car though, as you would have to show the ticket to get to the car parks I guess. I never used the car parks in glastonbury. I took the coach 3 times and last time I did rent a car, but I left it at Glastonbury town and then taxi to go and bus to return.

I've only had my tickets sent internationally once, in 2015, and it was a nightmare I haven't repeated since.

Mine were sent out for delivery to Australia, and Royal Mail's rubbish 'international signed for' service stops tracking the moment it leaves the UK, so you've got no idea where it is and are at the mercy of customs and the overseas postal service, who will treat this as a standard letter, not the special delivery you get in the UK.

Mine managed to get held up at Australia's customs, except nobody knew that. I had to figure it out. About ten days out from leaving the country (which was obviously earlier than most people set off to the site), I phoned the Festival office and explained the situation. They advised to phone See Tickets and cancel the ticket that was sent, and arrange for a pick up at PGA. In fairness, See handled it quite well, and I expected to turn up and attempt a pick up.

That very same day, the original ticket arrived. I just queued up and used it. No questions asked at the gate. But the entire ordeal was a stress I didn't need, so now I just get it sent to family in the UK and pick it up from them when I get there. If that's not an option, I'd get it sent internationally again but just know you can arrange a PGA pickup if you need to.

I think the best option is to have them delivered to someone in the UK or pick them up at the festival (I would do this again If I'm lucky enough to return some day). 

It's just a little office right in front of PGA. There was literally nobody else collecting tickets when we got there (Wed noon), just us two.

3 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

There was literally nobody else collecting tickets when we got there (Wed noon), just us two.

Does this mean it's actually a quicker way into the site? Or do you have to queue up at PGA along with everyone else and only filter across to the office when you're past the gate?

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Oh, ok. Damn. Thought I might have been on to something.

The smell of a loophole quickly slammed shut there ? damn we were all just about to change our registered addresses to relatives abroad to queue jump.