Glass alternatives

dotdash79

2 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

What do people use instead of glass for aftershave/perfume?

Also we need to get a non glass mirror, so we can do hair/makeup/glitter has anyone got any links where we might get one from.

I got a plastic perfume atomiser from Boots called a "Travel Perfume Pod" - works great for me.

Link:  https://bit.ly/2Us2kAW

If you search for "perfume atomisers" there are metal ones available too.

Also, just search for "acrylic mirrors" on Amazon, loads of choices. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

I got a plastic perfume atomiser from Boots called a "Travel Perfume Pod" - works great for me.

Link:  https://bit.ly/2Us2kAW

If you search for "perfume atomisers" there are metal ones available too.

Also, just search for "acrylic mirrors" on Amazon, loads of choices. 

Thank I've managed to find an acrylic mirror on eBay.

The atomiser sounds perfect

3 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Also we need to get a non glass mirror, so we can do hair/makeup/glitter 

Make sure you get biodegradable glitter as normal glitter is made of microplastic and now banned at most festivals.

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

the world record for the longest link too :) 

Hello crazyfool1,

Yes, I noticed that the link was a 'little' bit long. I've no idea how that happened. All I did was just copy the link thing in the thingy, and paste it on the site. OK, OK, I have no idea what I'm doing on a computer. I'm a Luddite at heart, and can't quite get on with this new fandangled IT thingy. 

Hope you are well.

Did you get another job, in the end?  :)

5 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello crazyfool1,

Yes, I noticed that the link was a 'little' bit long. I've no idea how that happened. All I did was just copy the link thing in the thingy, and paste it on the site. OK, OK, I have no idea what I'm doing on a computer. I'm a Luddite at heart, and can't quite get on with this new fandangled IT thingy. 

Hope you are well.

Did you get another job, in the end?  :)

The link worked fine :) I ended back working where I was before .. not quite the plan but it gets me back in work and earning so can't complain and financially I did ok :) so I can also look around now .. Thanks for asking :) 

21 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The link worked fine :) I ended back working where I was before .. not quite the plan but it gets me back in work and earning so can't complain and financially I did ok :) so I can also look around now .. Thanks for asking :) 

Wow, that sounds like it was a result. Am I right in thinking that you got redundancy money, and then they took you back on? If so, then that's nothing short of genius! :)

18 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Wow, that sounds like it was a result. Am I right in thinking that you got redundancy money, and then they took you back on? If so, then that's nothing short of genius! :)

yes correct ... I did have to sign a contract that was not quite so good in terms of flexibility requirements ... but unfortunately contracts in most jobs aren't as good these days ... I would have had to have sign that contract had I stayed anyway im contracted fewer hours now also but can pick up more in overtime if I want so yeah ive done ok :) 

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

yes correct ... I did have to sign a contract that was not quite so good in terms of flexibility requirements ... but unfortunately contracts in most jobs aren't as good these days ... I would have had to have sign that contract had I stayed anyway im contracted fewer hours now also but can pick up more in overtime if I want so yeah ive done ok :) 

Nice one crazyfool1.  That's a result, I'd say. The management of the place must be off their rockers, or inept, or both! Maybe the company is making too much money to be concerned with the finer details though. I know that if I was making a stack, I wouldn't exactly be too concerned about the finer details, as long as that stack kept coming in.

My dad once mentioned that an acquaintance of his owned a pub that wasn't doing very well. So, the bloke poached the manager of a pub in the town that was doing a roaring trade. He offered him a significant higher salary to do this. So, the manager moved in to the pub and brought all his mates and customers etc from the old pub with him. So, the pub was now a roaring success. However, the manager was on the take ie. skimming off the profits of the pub. When told this the owner said that he didn't give a fuck because once he owned a loss making pub, and now he owned a profit making pub (despite the skim off). It just goes to show that you've got to look at the bigger picture sometimes.

Have a lovely weekend. :)

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Nice one crazyfool1.  That's a result, I'd say. The management of the place must be off their rockers, or inept, or both! Maybe the company is making too much money to be concerned with the finer details though. I know that if I was making a stack, I wouldn't exactly be too concerned about the finer details, as long as that stack kept coming in.

My dad once mentioned that an acquaintance of his owned a pub that wasn't doing very well. So, the bloke poached the manager of a pub in the town that was doing a roaring trade. He offered him a significant higher salary to do this. So, the manager moved in to the pub and brought all his mates and customers etc from the old pub with him. So, the pub was now a roaring success. However, the manager was on the take ie. skimming off the profits of the pub. When told this the owner said that he didn't give a fuck because once he owned a loss making pub, and now he owned a profit making pub (despite the skim off). It just goes to show that you've got to look at the bigger picture sometimes.

Have a lovely weekend. :)

and you ... I would say the management is not great ...they are trying to change contracts all over the place with no real plan it seems ... although there must be somewhere .... but its all decreed by head office ... prices have been chopped so the next  way they can save money now is off the wage bill ... they dont like full time contracts so they have lots of 4 hour shifts going .. which are unrecruitable as they are not really much good to anyone ... especially people aiming to work and pay mortgages etc ... anyway the supermarket chain are bonkers in my eyes and if it were a small business wouldn't last 5 mins .. but anyway I could rant for hours on this subject but I won't cos ive done ok ..all the best Alex 

• Upvote 1