New to this

Jack.194

Hi,

Very new to this website + Glasto in general, been Reading past 5 years but that's about it.

Me and a few friends want to try and get tickets on resale (think its in April?) just a few questions;

How likely is it that we will be able to get tickets?

How many tickets can one person buy?

Is there any actual difference between tickets brought on resale and tickets brought on general sale?

Thanks

Demand will vastly exceed supply, but you can try and you'll have the same chance as everyone else - someone has to buy them after all.

In the resale, it's 4 tickets per order. Main sale was 6.

The only difference is that in the resale you have to pay the full cost up front, in the main sale you pay a £50 deposit and then pay the balance in April.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Demand will vastly exceed supply, but you can try and you'll have the same chance as everyone else - someone has to buy them after all.

Thank you!

Had guessed demand would vastly exceed supply, is it more difficult to get general or pre sale, or around the same?

Any tips for actually getting the tickets? Planning to have all 4 of us with any devices we have e.g. phones/laptops, some on Wifi some on 4G and then just one person buys all 4 if they get through. Anything else?

Thanks for your help.

2 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Thank you!

Had guessed demand would vastly exceed supply, is it more difficult to get general or pre sale, or around the same?

Any tips for actually getting the tickets? Planning to have all 4 of us with any devices we have e.g. phones/laptops, some on Wifi some on 4G and then just one person buys all 4 if they get through. Anything else?

Thanks for your help.

If you can, get more family and friends to try for you as well ie don't limit it to the 4 people going, if you can. Obviously you'll need to be able to trust them with card details.

Oh, another thing - have your names , registration numbers, and post codes on a separate page so that if the purchase page comes up, you can copy and paste them in, as speed of input will be important. 

39 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Thank you!

Thanks for your help.

To be honest, I don't think anyone really knows for sure which is more difficult (and it might well vary year to year anyway). Perceptions tend to be framed by how successful they or the people they know of were in a particular sale - and that's usually only a small snapshot.

In terms of tips, it's just a case of throwing as much resource as you can at it - people, computers, etc. Given that getting a slot on the site is essentially luck of the draw, it's good to maximise the number of chances.

45 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Going to try and get as many people as possible.

Are you not given a time to put in details once you get through? Didn't know about that

Some say there's a hold when you get to the ticket page, but it's not like a reseller where you see the 7 minutes counting down. You have to get your heart to stop jumping and enter the details ASAP. Copy and paste is the quickest, including card details. Avoid multiple tabs open on the same browser you're using on the ticket page too as that affects completing the process, happened to me till I shut them.

6 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Some say there's a hold when you get to the ticket page, but it's not like a reseller where you see the 7 minutes counting down. You have to get your heart to stop jumping and enter the details ASAP. Copy and paste is the quickest, including card details. Avoid multiple tabs open on the same browser you're using on the ticket page too as that affects completing the process, happened to me till I shut them.

Thanks for the info! 

22 minutes ago, incident said:

To be honest, I don't think anyone really knows for sure which is more difficult (and it might well vary year to year anyway). Perceptions tend to be framed by how successful they or the people they know of were in a particular sale - and that's usually only a small snapshot.

In terms of tips, it's just a case of throwing as much resource as you can at it - people, computers, etc. Given that getting a slot on the site is essentially luck of the draw, it's good to maximise the number of chances.

Thanks for all the help

If anyone has any more tips please do let me know!

3 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

Hi,

Very new to this website + Glasto in general, been Reading past 5 years but that's about it.

Me and a few friends want to try and get tickets on resale (think its in April?) just a few questions;

How likely is it that we will be able to get tickets?

How many tickets can one person buy?

Is there any actual difference between tickets brought on resale and tickets brought on general sale?

Thanks

one crucial question ... are you all registered ? 

16 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

Any tips for actually getting the tickets? Planning to have all 4 of us with any devices we have e.g. phones/laptops, some on Wifi some on 4G and then just one person buys all 4 if they get through

I had my computer on at work trying to get tickets in the main sale but ended up getting them on my phone with it's crappy connection!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jack.194 said:

Does anyone know how the car park passes work with resale? Can I buy one in the same transaction as buying a ticket? Do I buy them on another day? Do I buy them at the festival?

Don't worry about the car parking ticket in the resale. They can be bought anytime. Timing is everything in trying to get tickets. 

Easiest way is to buy the car park pass at the same time as buying tickets as its just a 10 second exercise, though you need to know the number you need. If you are unsure or don't want to do this at the time they can be added to your order at a later date if you contact See.

Tickets for 4 people in the resale will total ca. £1019, including post & packaging. A car pass costs an extra £40 if you want to add this to your order. So if you do get lucky in the resale, these funds need to available on a single debit or credit card for the purchase to proceed. 

23 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Easiest way is to buy the car park pass at the same time as buying tickets as its just a 10 second exercise, though you need to know the number you need. If you are unsure or don't want to do this at the time they can be added to your order at a later date if you contact See.

Tickets for 4 people in the resale will total ca. £1019, including post & packaging. A car pass costs an extra £40 if you want to add this to your order. So if you do get lucky in the resale, these funds need to available on a single debit or credit card for the purchase to proceed. 

To be honest 10 seconds can make all the difference between a purchase going through, and not going through because they've sold out. I really would get the car park ticket at a later date, and even pay on the gate and take the hit rather than risk the overall purchase.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

To be honest 10 seconds can make all the difference between a purchase going through, and not going through because they've sold out. I really would get the car park ticket at a later date, and even pay on the gate and take the hit rather than risk the overall purchase.

Fair point..... After years of practise I've got my data entry down to rival Usain Bolt in a race to the Goat Curry Bar. Biggest squeaky bum is the agonizing wait when you press proceed to the next page or confirm payment. I'm sure Mrs Lycra gave birth quicker ?

Edited by Lycra
  • Upvote 1