How many?

morph100

This one's tested my memory for dates!

In 95 (my first Glasters) I hooked up with a girl on the Friday and spent pretty much the rest of the festival with her.

In 98 I got together with a friend (under a double rainbow, just before Robbie Williams) that I'd fancied for ages and we attended 99 and 00 together. We've been together as mates since we split up too.

2009&10 with another girlfriend, 09 was her first so I loved showing her around the place.  

11,13 with MrsHew as girlfriend. In 14 we camped in Worthy View as a wedding present to ourselves. We've not been together since then but we're both coming this year with Little Hew. 

1 hour ago, karaseen said:

Not enough!

My ex and I had our 2nd date at Glastonbury and ended up spending the entire festival together. If you can get along there you can get along anywhere I think!

Now that I'm single again, I say on my dating profile: MUST LOVE GLASTONBURY.  One guy said to me: "Glastonbury went WAY out of my price range ages ago".  Thanks, but no thanks.

There will be 3 "people" in any of my future relationships.  

Image result for diana there were three of us bashir

I went on a dating site once. It asked the question 'do you take drugs' and I answered yes. I only got three replies. What wrong with people! lol

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

My wife and I both attended 1997, 1998 and 2007, although we weren't married for any of them and we didn't know each other existed for the first two.  Those were the only times she went and those of you who follow the weather patterns may be able to understand why she's not returned.

I do see the pattern. Do let us all know if she's coming so that we can come prepared for the weather ;) 

My first Glastonbury in 2000 was with my then boyfriend. His ex and her mate moved in with us (after their tent was stolen) and our relationship didn't last the weekend! Hadn't thought about that in a while ?

I met someone else a month later, we went together in 2002 and he proposed at Glasto in 2007.  We both attended in 2010 and 2016.

I went solo in 2017 and met some amazing people.

We'll both be there this year with a fair few of the aforementioned amazing people.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

I do see the pattern. Do let us all know if she's coming so that we can come prepared for the weather ;) 

Or just, yeah, don't bring her.  No offence to Mrs Hats, but I'd rather have nice weather.

41 minutes ago, Miesh said:

His ex and her mate moved in with us (after their tent was stolen) and our relationship didn't last the weekend!

I can see how that could have been awkward. 

I actually get / got on with my wife's ex partners. Unfortunately one of them died. I really got close to him, as he was such a smashing bloke (RIP Dave). Her other ex partner (who she is still in touch with) is alive, and a fine bloke. A couple of weeks ago he challenged me to the Desert Island Discs game ie. you get to choose several records, a book, and a luxury item. I was going to pull his leg a little and give him a load of 'shallow' record choices (but happen to be ones that I like), but have thought better of it since. I've got a fairly long list of records now, so do need to whittle them down before this Friday, which is the deadline. 

I did, for a very short period of my life become a very fretful, jealous, green eyed monster. Thankfully that period lasted for a very short while, and went away as fast as it arrived. I'll never tread that path again. Shockingly debilitating, and deeply disturbing;

Down with this sort of thing Careful now

• Upvote 1

@Yoghurt on a Stick

It wasn't meant to be between us. It was just a drug based end of uni brief encounter. She wanted him back. I had far less confidence in myself back thrn.

I left for a summer abroad a few weeks later. My taxi to the airport stopped to let them cross the road. I gave them both a cheery wave and a smile.

Yes, I agree jealousy is not healthy.

What were your final choices?

On 3/7/2019 at 8:05 AM, Quark said:

None, and Mrs Q has expressed a 100% aversion to coming to Glastonbury. We are both very happy with this state of affairs :lol:

Yep, same for me. MrsCJ says she's rather eat her own hair than go to a festival. The downsides is my cousin's snoring.

On 3/7/2019 at 11:49 AM, Avalon_Fields said:

Same here with Mrs AF. Till death do us part...expect for one crucial week in June.

I kiboshed June wedding plans for us, and got it moved to August. We're still together 6 (I think) years on, so it worked.

45 minutes ago, Miesh said:

@Yoghurt on a Stick

It wasn't meant to be between us. It was just a drug based end of uni brief encounter. She wanted him back. I had far less confidence in myself back thrn.

I left for a summer abroad a few weeks later. My taxi to the airport stopped to let them cross the road. I gave them both a cheery wave and a smile.

Yes, I agree jealousy is not healthy.

What were your final choices?

Hello Miesh,

Talk to me about drug related encounters! lol Aside from those encounters drink and drugs used to lead me to very strange places - mostly Kings Heath police station in Birmingham. If there were any decency in the world I should have had my own blue plaque on the wall in that place. My problem with all that was, and still is, that my misdemeanours were an abuse against the self and not against anybody else. Anyway, that's a side show now. Now I'm stable and well adjusted. OK, that's a porky pie! 

My apologies I can't give you my definitive list because my wife's ex didn't get back to me today about it. I didn't want to hassle him either, so never got in touch about it myself. He's in a loveless marriage but one which has two children involved, and unfortunately one of his children is highly autistic. He was communicating with my wife about two weeks ago, and said that he was broke. My wife nodded to me to send him a ton. I didn't do that, I sent him £400. Little did I know that that really did help him and his son out. He was able to take his son away for a few days and have quality time with him which he wouldn't have had (apparently) otherwise. Best 400 notes I've ever shot down the pan, as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, all that said, I can give you a brief taster of what I was going to sen him, by informing you of my no 1 track. It's mind bendingly off the scale fab, in my opinion. The 'double' ending is mesmerising;

Wishing you a fab weekend.

• Upvote 3

Only one relationship, but Glastonbury was institutional in helping me sort my head out. My first festival was 2014, and I was a bit of a mess at that point. Tried to relocate overseas but wasn't in a good place, blew a load of money gambling, drinking too much, ended up coming home and having to accept failure. The 2014 Glasto was a bit of a blow-out really - plenty of first timer mistakes were made and the unfortunate 'first night incident' occurred which I've mentioned elsewhere and certainly won't be going into again. That was a bit of a wake up call.

The next year, I'd already started my second attempt to migrate a few months earlier and things were much better but still on thin ice, within myself. My mental well being was just about holding on. In 2015, I spent a lot of time in the healing fields and generally taking it a lot easier, being kinder to myself and giving myself space to reflect and heal. I left feeling stronger within myself and with more inner peace.

About a month after I got back, I plucked up the courage to put myself on Tinder, after several years in the single wilderness, and found the person I've been with ever since. I credit Glastonbury with providing me the space and stimulus I needed to get myself on a better path and build self confidence.

She's 40 next year, and I'm taking her to Glastonbury for her birthday present (not the flights, that would be ridiculous - just the ticket). I'll drag her along to the eFests meet if we're lucky enough to get tickets :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4