Aurora

Ayrshire Chris

27 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Just noticed Aurora is a SR on the rumours page. Now, is this the Aurora who was sensational on the JP in 2016 or another act with the same name? Clicking on the artist it sure ain’t her.  Really hope it’s the Norwegian goddess I crave to see again and the artist info is wrong! 

Ha it's obviously the Norwegian nutcase. Was transfixed by her in the JP in 2016 so went to see her again at the trinity in Bristol that sane year. Completely blown away im such a small venue, one of my fave gigs only spoilt by the fact it was ticket day the following morning and our rubbish Wi-Fi/laptop let us down :(

she's got new songs and appears to be active this year so I'm hoping she'll be back :)

Hope you are right! We saw her at the art school in Glasgow that year, really small venue, a few hundred, but she was incredible. Her new stuff sounds great.  Really crazy wee lassie but a powerful performer.  Her pal Sigrid has had more chart success but isn’t as innovative and talented. 

4 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Is so much more than sigrid...saw her in jp tent 2016 was spectacular fun . Bonkers and breathtaking 

Yes, you would think she’s all fluffy sweetness then listen to some of her lyrics. Such as in boxes about killing her partners and dragging their bodies around. 

I once had a lover, only kept his hands, they can dance and play songs for me. 

3 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

I haven't listened to any of her solo stuff but she's done a few guest appearances on dance records. Her lyrics are batshit and her voice is stunning.

You’ve got to hear her own stuff, the first album, all my demons greet me as friends , is wall to wall quality songs. 

2 minutes ago, BL1ND T1G3R said:

This is why I love this forum and Glastonbury ! I’d never heard of her before yesterdays post and a quick search on Amazon music and I’m addicted and now hoping she’s at Glasto

Her live performances are unforgettable.  It was before her 2016 glasto performance that I did a quick internet search, and then saw her on of all things the Andrew marr show. Remember the John Lewis Xmas ad a few years ago? , Aurora was the singer on the half the world away cover. ! 

1 hour ago, BlueDaze said:

goddamn Norwegians and their talent...

I think these 2 will both be HUUUUGE stars.

Only my opinion but Aurora is much the  more innovative, original and talented of the two of them. She reminds me of the early years of Kate Bush. She was genuinely taken aback by the reception she got in 2016, watched it again on internet recently. Hopefully a repeat performance this year, an act that’s fits perfectly for Glastonbury. 

48 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Only my opinion but Aurora is much the  more innovative, original and talented of the two of them. She reminds me of the early years of Kate Bush. She was genuinely taken aback by the reception she got in 2016, watched it again on internet recently. Hopefully a repeat performance this year, an act that’s fits perfectly for Glastonbury. 

Plus she was completely off her box for it. Go on girl 

11 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

@Ayrshire Chris you really should be Auroras PR....  and I thank you for it.! Without your shouting on high I wouldn’t have gotten round to enjoying her talent quite so soon.

I love the way the good folk on here promote new music with such a passion..

@crazyfool1and October Drift

@Woodersonand Jorja Smith

@stuartbert two hatsand Sylvan Esso 

have all steered me right.. cheers chaps.!

equally, slagging off artists constantly is lazy and tiresome.. I wish there were less of it. If we all liked the same it would be a pretty shit festival..

btw, I watched Auroras 2016 JP set yesterday, her pure joy at performing at Glastonbury really shone through...

her 2018 Paris show (with newer material) is a much more rounded/polished performance though... I’m really hoping for a late Park spot in June.!

• Upvote 3