Premium park and meadow - can cars and camper vans park next to each other?

LAM42

Hi, 

We're looking to go to Womad for the first time with the kids and some other families.  One of the families has a camper van.  If they buy tickets for the 'Live in vehicle meadow' and we buy the 'Premium park and camp meadow' ticket, will we be able to camp together as a group?  Both are accessed by the Purple Gate, but I'm not sure if they are separate camping areas.  We'd try to arrive in convoy to make it easier.  

If we can't camp together, does anyone know how far away we might be from each other?

Also, is this generally a good place to camp with kids (6-11 years old)?

Thanks!

Hi there

If you look at a site map here (the left hand side 2017 one) then the camper van and park and camp are adjacent to each other and aren't too far apart (subject to where you end up camping/parking) but I don't think you'd be able to camp together unless you were lucky enough to be be at the edge of each area and that would be subject to those spots being available.  

In regards to being suitable for a 6 and 11 year old I would say that whilst this area is quiet (I have never stayed here but just going on what I have read/heard) it is quite far from the arena- looking at a 15 to 20 min walk.

I was going to potentially say that maybe the Red Park and Camp next to Red Parking (we did that last year) which is really handy but those have sold out 

Womad2016-17changes.gif.9f96a4bf5235f7c3

Thanks for this.  We all went for the park and camp in the end to make life easier. Hopefully if we arrive in convoy we can all park together. It's a shame that we're quite a distance away from the arena, but I guess we'll just have to plan to stay out for the day rather than keep popping back to the tents! 

Excepting some kind of disability, it's really not that big that you're very far from anywhere to be honest, especially if the weather is kind. Worked and punter a couple times, a lovely festival in my experience. 

On 3/8/2019 at 4:34 PM, LAM42 said:

Thanks for this.  We all went for the park and camp in the end to make life easier. Hopefully if we arrive in convoy we can all park together. It's a shame that we're quite a distance away from the arena, but I guess we'll just have to plan to stay out for the day rather than keep popping back to the tents! 

Speak to the (incredibly helpful) marshalls when you arrive, and it's reasonably likely they'll try to keep you all together, as long as there's not too big a gap between you arriving. 

On 3/8/2019 at 4:34 PM, LAM42 said:

If you arrive in convoy you shouldn't have any problems being next to each other. When we were in the other park and camp we managed it no problem.