Weather thread

LOCHLAND5

35 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Summary..

Thursday 30°c with risk of Violent and Torrential thunderstorms late pm early evening. 

Friday Low 20’s Mainly dry

Saturday 18°c ish possible light showers

Sunday low to mid 20s and Dry 

Just need the risk of thunderstorms to disappear and looking great!

There is a shit load of lighting strikes currently south of Kendall below Lancaster and moving up quite quickly!! I'd say you will be seeing thunder and lightening within an hour or so - it's massive

https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en#m=oss;t=3;s=0;o=0;b=;ts=0;y=54.1056;x=-2.0559;z=9;d=2;dl=2;dc=0;

24 minutes ago, Ricci's Special Kebabs said:

Looks like a weather shit show from tomorrow. 

Aye ?

When it comes to the weather, If Kendal Calling didn’t have bad luck they’d have no luck at all.

Looks like rain all the way on and off from Saturday lunchtime. No doubt some heavy stuff.

Were used to it !

Have a great time everyone.

Always wellies for KC !

That Saturday was brutal. Ended up sleeping in the car Saturday night.

Other than tow the festival away from the Lakes I don’t know what they can do. I saw way less music as getting too old for moving around the ever increasing size of the site when it’s so muddy. Loads of folk falling on their arse is not good scenes.

I used to take the kids but haven’t for a few years now. Felt for those with young kids as moving around must have been impossible.

Arena seemed a lot quieter at points because of it which sees some bands playing to hardly anyone. 

10 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

That Saturday was brutal. Ended up sleeping in the car Saturday night.

Yeah, that was really brutal!!!  We watched Manics from top of the hill under a tree and had to leave half way through Doves as the kids could take no more.  Unbelievable recovery for a full on Sunday though!

That's 3 times in 6 years now (14, 17, 19) it's been a mud bath. I understand the argument that you can't control the weather, especially in that part of the country; but when there's woodchip getting put down, but the entrances and path through to Emperor's Fields were an absolute joke, I saw a kid falling over there every time I went through.

I wonder if a complete re-think of the site is in order, as it's grown in size it's basically just had extra bits bolted on, whether that's to the arena or the campsite and it's starting to show.

15 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

There isn't a festival anywhere in the UK that's safe from that sort of thing, so I'm not sure where the "rethink of the site" idea fits in. There's no realistic prospects whatsoever, unless the rethink involves moving out of the UK.

There are certain things you can't control, but when the main stage is located at the bottom of that hill with that amount of foot traffic, it shouldn't really be a surprise that they had to section part of it off on Sunday.

Similar with the other side, you have a valley with toilets on the way down to that side and a similar amount of traffic coming in and out of Emperor's fields, so it ends up a bogg where mud is the least of your worries. I felt bad for the traders down that side, they probably ended up losing money because nobody would go anywhere near it on the Saturday and Sunday unless they had to.