Weather thread

LOCHLAND5

13 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Yep, I probably should have done a summary, I’ve been a bit busy today. Thanx. 

I’m leaving the wellies at home. Walking boots should do n

never brought wellies, never will.

always served me well, this will be my 8th on the bounce and as far as I remember it has never rained yet!

2 hours ago, bottonrob said:

never brought wellies, never will.

always served me well, this will be my 8th on the bounce and as far as I remember it has never rained yet!

Errrr, I know you were there last year!!! All (and I mean all) of them went home Sunday morning because the rain was relentless!!! My favourite raincoat didn’t even survive. 

48 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Errrr, I know you were there last year!!! All (and I mean all) of them went home Sunday morning because the rain was relentless!!! My favourite raincoat didn’t even survive. 

When was the really bad year ? Sorry the really really bad year. My tent broke on Saturday and we had to drive off Sunday night as I had the kids that year and they weren’t strong swimmers. 

I’m bringing the wellies. 

23 hours ago, SloopJohnB said:

I missed Countryfile....what did they say?

Very positive. The signs are good mate. Roasting through the week and cooling down to 20 degrees on Friday. They didn’t mention Saturday or Sunday just to keep us on edge.

At this stage we’re laughing.......

41 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

When was the really bad year ? Sorry the really really bad year. My tent broke on Saturday and we had to drive off Sunday night as I had the kids that year and they weren’t strong swimmers. 

2017 was the really muddy year. 2018 was pelting it down all day Saturday and most of Sunday. Like proper fu king heavy r**n. 

6 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

2017 was the really muddy year. 2018 was pelting it down all day Saturday and most of Sunday. Like proper fu king heavy r**n. 

Yeah...just looked back at the line ups and the year I was thinking about was 2014. Was ok Thursday Friday then monsoon overnight Friday and it didn’t stop.

Saturday night 2manydjs. Time they were back in the fields.

4 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Yeah...just looked back at the line ups and the year I was thinking about was 2014. Was ok Thursday Friday then monsoon overnight Friday and it didn’t stop.

Saturday night 2manydjs. Time they were back in the fields.

2015 was my first year. It was brilliant weather. 

12 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

2014, etched in kc history forever that one, biblical rain

I had puddles in my raincoat pockets last year too, got myself a poncho this year just incase 

14 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

2014 (Frank Turner) was the year a river started to form down the main stage, if that's what you're thinking? It was pretty bad, but I had been to T in the Park in 2012 (Look that up) so that was lovely in comparison.

3 hours ago, MistahParker said:

2014 (Frank Turner) was the year a river started to form down the main stage, if that's what you're thinking? It was pretty bad, but I had been to T in the Park in 2012 (Look that up) so that was lovely in comparison.

Only went to T on the Saturday in 2012.

Horrific.

36 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I enjoyed that weekend. Somehow our cheap pop up tent survived and we were able to simply enjoy our weekend. Mud doesn't bother me at all.

Ive had some tough weekends at it but I couldn't have handled more than a day trip that year.

Stepped off the bus and my feet sunk into the mud and puddles  within 20 metres. No amount of alcohol was lifting the spirits.

Even inside the tents were swamped. Folk kicking the muddy water over you...

1 hour ago, whitecarlos said:

Ive had some tough weekends at it but I couldn't have handled more than a day trip that year.

Stepped off the bus and my feet sunk into the mud and puddles  within 20 metres. No amount of alcohol was lifting the spirits.

Even inside the tents were swamped. Folk kicking the muddy water over you...

Our tent survived. We just hung fire and enjoyed it.

what is it with all these weather apps showing contrasting forecasts? surely they haven't all got their own independent weather stations and forecasting software, which spits out different results?

me personally i think its going to be a scorcher from start to finish, based on nothing but good will