Weather thread

LOCHLAND5

• 3 months later...
On 3/6/2019 at 4:07 PM, bottonrob said:

never, you take wellies you get rain

Think this will be my 7th trip down. Missed the odd one in the past when they clashed with Wickerman. Can only remember one year that the back corner of the main field as you head to chai wallahs wasn’t a mud bath.

15 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Think this will be my 7th trip down. Missed the odd one in the past when they clashed with Wickerman. Can only remember one year that the back corner of the main field as you head to chai wallahs wasn’t a mud bath.

That's horseshit Oldman, we've had at least 2 glorious ones (2012 I think was an absolute belter with only a tad overnight rain) a few half and halfs and a couple of godawful ones weather wise when they booked Frank Turner and we had the urine swamp. Not always pissdreadful by any means. How's the wife?

• 4 weeks later...

I am exactly the same! Did it for Glastonbury - spent hours on the weather thread picking which forecast to go with. I think in the end it was only on about the Sunday/Monday it became accurate. Now looking at the BBC one on a daily basis - which is far too good - low 20's and half sun every day! As long as not like last year - summer heatwave which decided to break in Cumbria on the Friday, so after a glorious sunny hot day setting up on the Thursday, it was wet and muddy from Friday onwards! Confident it will be a good one this year!

12 hours ago, MistahParker said:

Every year I say don't bother looking until the week of, as it always changes so much, yet, every year I end up checking early.

They're all saying something different at the minute, but TheWeatheroutlook has 29 degrees on the Thursday, so let's go with that.

Same here  ?

I looked on bbc today and it’s too good to be true. Perfect in fact? 

Im forgetting all about it until Countryfile on Sunday.

It will rain.

On 7/16/2019 at 11:25 PM, Comfy Bean said:

Same here  ?

I looked on bbc today and it’s too good to be true. Perfect in fact? 

Im forgetting all about it until Countryfile on Sunday.

It will rain.

Sadly it looks like the weather goes have turned.. rain predicted now all weekend. Keeping fingers crossed theres another change to the weather for the better.

I’ve just watched gavsweathervids which was recorded on Tuesday, he’s due to do an update soon but basically he said Thursday will be warm with thunderstorms and the rest of the weekend will be mid to high teens and dry. I asked him to do one for Bearded Theory this year and last and he was spot on, as he always is for Glastonbury. When he does the updated one I’ll try to share it on here. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

I’ve just watched gavsweathervids which was recorded on Tuesday, he’s due to do an update soon but basically he said Thursday will be warm with thunderstorms and the rest of the weekend will be mid to high teens and dry. I asked him to do one for Bearded Theory this year and last and he was spot on, as he always is for Glastonbury. When he does the updated one I’ll try to share it on here. 

Are Thunderstorms due AM or PM?  Just thinking about tent putting up weather ? 

p.s. agree with what you said about Gav's Weather Vids - usually spot on for Glastonbury

1 minute ago, lazzareo said:

Are Thunderstorms due AM or PM?  Just thinking about tent putting up weather ? 

p.s. agree with what you said about Gav's Weather Vids - usually spot on for Glastonbury

He didn’t say. It’s still a bit far out. There were showers on the other days but he did say they probably won’t happen. 

https://www.gavsweathervids.com/festivals-sporting-events.php

Edited by Curlygirl

BBC have thunderstorms on the Wednesday, with there being light rain for much of the weekend. So I'd guess if there's thunderstorms, they'll be early.

EDIT: Worth noting that had more serious weather for later in the week previously in the week, so things have definitely changed.

Edited by DomDom1984

9 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

That will do me!  In summary:

• Thursday - 30 degrees with potential for thunderstorms
  • Friday - 22/23 degrees mainly dry with minor potential for thunderstorms
  • Saturday - 18/19 degrees and mainly dry
  • Sunday - 20/21 degrees with some potential for some showers

2 hours ago, lazzareo said:

That will do me!  In summary:

• Thursday - 30 degrees with potential for thunderstorms
  • Friday - 22/23 degrees mainly dry with minor potential for thunderstorms
  • Saturday - 18/19 degrees and mainly dry
  • Sunday - 20/21 degrees with some potential for some showers

Yep, I probably should have done a summary, I’ve been a bit busy today. Thanx. 

I’m leaving the wellies at home. Walking boots should do n

Edited by Curlygirl