Keith Flint (Prodigy)

shuttlep

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Chems and Orbital are more about samples and guest vocals rather than frontmen. Keith and Maxim were the focal points of the Prodigy's shows. They'll need to do something different as just having Maxim out there on his own would look a bit strange.

True and Im sure they will but Keith only really sang Firestarter and half of Breathe and a couple of bits on the new tunes, Nasty and the like. 

Hes a massive massive loss of course but Liam is the Prodigy so delighted hes still making tunes. 

• Upvote 1

Liam has always been the producer, so the fact that he is putting new tunes together is no surprise and is really great news for him personally. 

In terms of the live show, yes Keith didn't "do" much on a technical level but equally, on a lot of levels he was the show. Although, equally, their stage set up was always very darkly lit so you could never see a huge amount of either Keith or Liam - but their presence was a huge part of it. God it makes me sad just typing this.

Have seen them a few times and can't work out how i would feel going to see them without Keith, if they tour and i think that is a big if, then i think i would probably go, although i feel there would definitly be tears on hearing firestarter "live" without Keith.   

1 hour ago, Bennykill said:

i thought they were a better band before Keith was moved up front (maybe not as good live).   i never thought there was a chance of them disappearing just because the unfortunate demise of a member. 

It may be controversial but I completely agree. I stopped listening to them for a while after Firestarte and Breathe came out.

I'm sure he was a lovely guy, but the live show basically consisted of him and Maxim saying "Motherfucker" a lot. Was not impressed last time they played Glasto.

Contrast that to the gig I went to in the early 90's in Ilford in Essex which had very little MCing. Probably the best gig I've ever been to.

20 hours ago, bombfrog said:

Contrast that to the gig I went to in the early 90's in Ilford in Essex which had very little MCing. Probably the best gig I've ever been to.

one of my favourite ever gigs was the Prodigy in the early 90s in the Illford area too.

seen them about 10 times in total, and there were always hit and miss. either brilliant or rubbish.  lucky enough to meet Keith a few times was a really nice guy for the little time i chatted with him (gave me some free naughty stuff at a rave in 91 too which will always endear me to someone)

2 hours ago, Bennykill said:

one of my favourite ever gigs was the Prodigy in the early 90s in the Illford area too.

seen them about 10 times in total, and there were always hit and miss. either brilliant or rubbish.  lucky enough to meet Keith a few times was a really nice guy for the little time i chatted with him (gave me some free naughty stuff at a rave in 91 too which will always endear me to someone)

The Island, Ilford, around 1994 I think, an all nighter with some D'n'B acts after them.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
10 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Happy 25th Anniversary!

TheProdigy-TheFatOfTheLand.jpg

Bought the CD on the way home from my first Glasto in 97. Think it came out Glasto weekend?

Still sounds magnificent. Maybe just shy of Jilted for the range of brilliance, but one of the all time great albums IMO.

Pity the sound fucked up on their Pyramid gig. 

23 minutes ago, Space Shanty said:

Bought the CD on the way home from my first Glasto in 97. Think it came out Glasto weekend?

Still sounds magnificent. Maybe just shy of Jilted for the range of brilliance, but one of the all time great albums IMO.

Pity the sound fucked up on their Pyramid gig. 

Before my time, at Glasto anyway. Was the sound shit?

Keith whirlwinding the mic around and smashing it off the stage is one of my favourite gig things, from tv anyway. 

29 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Before my time, at Glasto anyway. Was the sound shit?

Keith whirlwinding the mic around and smashing it off the stage is one of my favourite gig things, from tv anyway. 

From memory it just went off completely. Technical issues I assume. Dennis Pennis came on for a 5-10 minute impromptu set of jokes to keep the crowd from getting too antsy. Thankfully it worked out OK 😅